GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 3/3+ Updates

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Anyone else in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast region get an Email from APR about much anticipated software and hardware upgrades for those of us who purchased the kits?

Looks like some APR engineers will be in Aberdeen, MD at New German Performance from December 12th-16th do upgrade the cars, dyno test and correct any problems.

A car with the updates is making 451 All Wheel Horsepower -- that translates to about 540 Crank Horsepower. That's insane. I, for one, can't wait.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R

Mk72015

Ready to race!
If any body goes to this send me a PM im about 20 minutes from Aberdeen maybe and can have a meet up somewhere

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
If any body goes to this send me a PM im about 20 minutes from Aberdeen maybe and can have a meet up somewhere

I'll be there. Not sure which day(s). I'm only about an hour and a bit away from there in Delaware.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I tried the calculator. It shows a typical stage 1 tune should give you about 300 WHP on an R with about 360 CHP. Can anyone with a stage 1 verify the numbers?

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I tried the calculator. It shows a typical stage 1 tune should give you about 300 WHP on an R with about 360 CHP. Can anyone with a stage 1 verify the numbers?

As I don't have the Stage 1 tune, no, but APR's own crank HP numbers for Stage 1 Tunes are pretty much right in line:

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Crazy numbers, seems to be a real giant killer set up.

Perry01

Ready to race!
Drivetrain loss isn't anywhere near 20%. Maybe 10.

Maybe for a front wheel drive GTI but AWD has a higher drivetrain loss.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I'll be there on the 14th for my appointment. Was going to be the 12th, but the guys from Smith Volkswagen want to come too, so I made it the 14th.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
This makes me interested in a stage 3 setup again.
Good luck to everyone going. Following for info

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
@baldilocks

Would love to see the 1/4 mile time after this if oyu go to the strip at all.