Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
It’s confusing. Most gti owners say stock is fine while the rest recommended rs7 plugs. And iirc I think apr recommends a range colder, according to their site.

I personally have no idea but if apr suggests it... 🤷🏽‍♂️

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It’s confusing. Most gti owners say stock is fine while the rest recommended rs7 plugs. And iirc I think apr recommends a range colder, according to their site.

I personally have no idea but if apr suggests it... 🤷🏽‍♂️

Not necessary for a stage 1 tune.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
The fact of the matter is the stock ones are more than sufficient, and last longer too. If you like spending more money than necessary, by all means.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
Yes, looking back I may not have replaced mine with RS3/7s which are colder than OE, is more like a piece of mind - since the car was 40k mi. at the time.

"APR recommends NGK heat range 9 (NGK-R7437-9) spark plugs gapped to 0.024" ±0.002" or 0.6mm ±0.05mm with a change interval of 10-15,000 mi or 16-24,000 km."

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
"APR recommends NGK heat range 9 (NGK-R7437-9) spark plugs gapped to 0.024" ±0.002" or 0.6mm ±0.05mm with a change interval of 10-15,000 mi or 16-24,000 km."

Stock plugs call for replacement every 60K, and APR sells NGKs. APR would LOVE to sell you their spark plugs every 10K miles.

On a S1 tune I'd bet you can safely run 40K intervals on stock plugs, or shit you could keep to 60 and just change as-needed if any fail prematurely :) I will be taking the latter route.