GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Shifter Cable Bracket doesn't fit

bilarez

Car(s)
2020 Volkswagen GTI
While installing the APR Shifter Cable Bracket on my 2020 GTI, it seems like the OEM bracket does not get held in on the side by a nut (as YouTube videos show for previous model years), but rather some bushings sliding over a rod. As such, the hole on the APR bracket to mount it seems to be too small (see photos) and it will not mount properly. Has anyone else come across this?
20210504_084405.jpg
20210504_084531.jpg
20210504_084604.jpg
20210504_084618.jpg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah thats def. new for a 2020, probably incorporated for easier assembly at factory. My 2019 still has the bell housing bolt with the stud and nut.

Easy solutions, get the bolt 18mm with the stud and nut (13mm) and replace it.

But honestly of all the things I’ve done to my shifter assembly (everything and then some possible). Going with the metal bracket and solid bushing was the only mode that made ZERO noticeable improvements.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Yeah thats def. new for a 2020, probably incorporated for easier assembly at factory. My 2019 still has the bell housing bolt with the stud and nut.

Easy solutions, get the bolt 18mm with the stud and nut (13mm) and replace it.

But honestly of all the things I’ve done to my shifter assembly (everything and then some possible). Going with the metal bracket and solid bushing was the only mode that made ZERO noticeable improvements.
This - useless mod. I bought those 034 bushings and sourced a metal bracket off of ebay and 0 difference.