GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Roll-Control Lowering Springs Now Available (MK7 GTI)

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

Product Page
Product Page
Product Page

APR Roll-Control Lowering Springs are designed to improve handling while delivering a stylish visual upgrade to the vehicle. This simple, yet effective upgrade lowers the vehicle’s center of gravity, giving it an attractive new stance, while remaining fully compatible with the OEM dampers. In doing so, body roll is reduced and handling improves without sacrificing ride quality or greatly impacting the life of the OEM dampers. Each spring is manufactured using premium material and the latest high-end techniques to ensure they resist sagging, and withstand harsh track conditions for years to come.

APR Roll-Control Lowering Springs' spring rates are only slightly stiffer than OEM. Using an even stiffer rate would sacrifice ride quality and could also cause the system to be underdamped which would be a detriment to performance. Both the ride height and spring rate are designed in parallel around the criteria of keeping the OEM dampers and maximizing performance while maintaining OEM like ride quality.

CLICK TO MAKE IMAGES BIGGER

(OEM) BEFORE - vs - (APR) AFTER - Drops as pictured

KIT - FRONT - REAR

Product Page

Find a Dealer

Last edited:

JD-1

Ready to race!
Does anyone have these installed? I know a shop that is a major APR distributor in CT that installs them. I'm curious if they are about the difference in ride comfort.

tknj99

Ready to race!
Is the drop provided by these springs adequate to give the best handling if thats all im interested in? or do i need to think lower?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
If you want the best handling out there, you'll want to go with an excellent set of coilovers and have them professionally valved and dialed in.
But, that's very expensive.

Springs are an excellent option for most people. It will lower the car, making it look better in many people's opinion, and will improve handling.
They're also extremely inexpensive.

But, you have to be careful. If you go to stiff or too low, you'll be way out of spec with the factory shocks / struts / (dampers).
Too low tends to bottom out too often, and will end up wearing out the dampers. For that reason, our springs only go down 1/2" to 3/4". It's just right:

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
This looks a lot lower than 1/4” to 3/4” lowering.

Do you have any FTG or Center cap to fender measurements?

I see no mention of DCC, were you able to test this on a DCC R or GTI?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Looks less than 3/4” to me as well. Front also looks lower than the back (less gap).

Too bad a vehicle with stock wheels wasn’t used for the photos. I can’t quite make out the tire lettering on my phone but looks like 235/35/19...

Last edited:

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
We kept ride quality in mind while designing these. They aren't the most aggressive springs on the market, but you wouldn't want overly aggressive springs on the stock dampers anyways (it will blow them out quickly).

You wouldn't want to keep the stock dampers with a drop like this, and suggesting that anyone do so is disingenuous, and you guys know it. Will you at least admit that a proper shock for this application is *not* the stock dampers, but should be something like a Bilstein B8 or Koni Yellow? Or are you just looking to make a fast buck off the "I can only afford springs and I'm told these are fine with the stock dampers" crowd?

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
Are the pictures showing a DSG vehicle? Would a manual have more of an even wheel gap front to back?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
You wouldn't want to keep the stock dampers with a drop like this, and suggesting that anyone do so is disingenuous, and you guys know it. Will you at least admit that a proper shock for this application is *not* the stock dampers, but should be something like a Bilstein B8 or Koni Yellow? Or are you just looking to make a fast buck off the "I can only afford springs and I'm told these are fine with the stock dampers" crowd?

We're looking to make a fast buck, which is why we made them compatible with the stock dampers.

Our slow buck option will be full coilovers.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Are the pictures showing a DSG vehicle? Would a manual have more of an even wheel gap front to back?

The car in this photo is a DSG but we've installed them on both and haven't noticed much of a visual difference.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Agreed with some of the comments above. Could be the 19" wheels and an optical illusion, but these look lower than my ED springs, which dropped the car over an inch. Curious to know if you have any FTG numbers as well.

P.s. I'm not that knowledgeable on this by just looking at the spring, but I searched the thread for the words "linear" and "progressive" and didn't find anything. At least the rears look progressive with some of the coils appearing closer on one end. I thought you weren't supposed to run progressive springs of any height on the stock dampers?

Last edited:

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
The springs are progressive, which means the spring rate changes depending on how much they are compressed. They are very much OEM dampar compatible as we have run them for many years now through development. We did, however, find much lower setups to not play nicely, leading to much quicker degradation of the dampers.

Here's a nice before and after GIF: