GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the Turbo Muffler Delete!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
APR is pleased to present the high flow, Turbo Muffler Delete for various 1.8T and 2.0T engines featuring an IHI turbo.

Product Page: http://www.goapr.com/products/turbo_muffler_delete_ea888_g3_ihi.html

All too often OEM components must sacrifice various performance minded characteristics in an effort to appeal to a wide variety of customers. While an enthusiast typically wants better boost response and more power, all while hearing the turbocharger breath, a non-enthusiast may give up these characteristics for a quieter ride. In the case of the factory IHI turbocharger, a turbo muffler, or Pulsations-schalldämpfer, is positioned at the compressor outlet and is designed to reduce engine bay acoustics.

The APR Turbo Muffler Delete replaces the factory muffler with a straight, uninterrupted piece, CNC-machined from billet aluminum and anodized black. To ensure proper sealing, APR’s engineers took a two-part approach. A Viton seal is included and forms a seal between the base of the muffler housing and the new piece. With the seal in place and the outer flange installed, the muffler delete tube screws into place, forming a full, uninterrupted path for airflow.

Application Guide

Audi S1 - EA888 Gen 3 - 2.0 TFSI
Audi A3 (MK3) - EA888 Gen 3 - 1.8 TFSI and 2.0 TFSI
Audi A4 / Allroad (B8 / B8.5) - EA888 Gen 2 & 3 - 2.0 TFSI
Audi A5 (B8 / B8.5) - EA888 Gen 2 & 3 - 2.0 TFSI
Audi A6 (C6 / C7) - EA888 Gen 2 - 2.0 TFSI
Audi Q5 - EA888 Gen 2 & 3 - 2.0 TFSI
Seat Leon / Cupra / Cupra R (MK3) - EA888 Gen 3 - 1.8 TSI and 2.0 TSI
Skoda Octavia / VRS (MK3) - EA888 Gen 3 - 1.8 TSI and 2.0 TSI
Volkswagen Golf / GTI / R (MK7) - EA888 Gen 3 - 1.8 TSI and 2.0 TSI

Replaces OEM part 06H 131 111

Part Number

MS100097

Price

$149.99

gtiw7

Ready to race!
for those who doesn't know what that is or what its benefits watch this video, bear in mind this video is not made by APR and may not represent their product. but it will illustrate in 3D how turbo mufflers work in general.

credits of the video goes to HG-Motorsport.

Pieisgood999

Ready to race!
Arin, I can't find the installation manual on your site. I wanted to see where it is in the engine bay - could you up a pic or something please?

Pieisgood999

Ready to race!
Thanks. Looks a bit much for me. Do you need a special tool for undoing the spring clamp on the intake hose or do I need to go to a gym?!
Does it help at any stage to lift the car up or can it be on my driveway the whole time?

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. Looks a bit much for me. Do you need a special tool for undoing the spring clamp on the intake hose or do I need to go to a gym?!
Does it help at any stage to lift the car up or can it be on my driveway the whole time?

Undoing that spring clamp is not the most difficult part of the install, you need to use pliers on it, I don't know if you're trying to remove it by hand or what. Make sure you have o-ring grease on hand also, as getting the stock o-ring back in place without some can be very difficult.

The car being on lift would not help at all, everything is accessible from up top.