GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the Turbo Muffler Delete!

Fernflex

Ready to race!
I think the gains will be so small you wont even notice and it would be so difficult to get a reading that could really show gains from the muffler delete unless you maybe do 10 dynos runs with the muffler and 10 without the muffler to see the average. I could do the testing ;).

Dynos in Puerto Rico are cheap and I have free acces to one or two.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
The gains will be very small, especially compared to an ECU upgrade and or intake upgrade.

What customers have reported back to us thus far is as follows:

- Sound - Heard a difference in turbo noise
- Response - Felt quicker in response when getting on the throttle
- Power - No reports of a noticeable difference

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Now I'm sure a lot of people are like me where the air flow of our turboed cars matter a lot. The better flow of air all around the turbo system, the happier the car is. $150 isn't anything for a nice easy flow.

Lurhq343

Passed Driver's Ed
Now I'm sure a lot of people are like me where the air flow of our turboed cars matter a lot. The better flow of air all around the turbo system, the happier the car is. $150 isn't anything for a nice easy flow.

I have to agree. I like happy cars and for 150.00, it makes sense.

palma

Ready to race!
Have someone weld the slits shut then get in there with a grinder and smooth it out. Probably $20 plus half an hours of time to make its smooth on the inside. No way is that little peice worth $150. Unless of course the APR version has a larger inside diameter.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Have someone weld the slits shut then get in there with a grinder and smooth it out. Probably $20 plus half an hours of time to make its smooth on the inside. No way is that little peice worth $150. Unless of course the APR version has a larger inside diameter.

That seems difficult to do but we're all for the spirit of DIY mods! Try it out and post up the results.

blackcat1

Banned
Yes, it should be the other way around! hehe

Do you guys plan on having a 104 RON map? It's the perfect map for the fuel we have here, we found it odd that the GTI has only a 108 map instead. 108 makes things go a bit wrong, 104 is the perfect sweet spot!

We don't plan our schedule around our competitors. Stage 2 will simply come with our downpipe release.