GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the Turbo Muffler Delete!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Arin would that improve somehow in preventing the current wave of turbo failures?

If not, do APR intend to release anything to help fix that issue many GTI owners are having?

Thanks!

I don't think this will help. However yet, we are exploring our options in the turbo department.

Fernflex

Ready to race!
Just a quick question, why do I need to buy your muffler delete that looks high quality and all that and not just get the oem one and cut just above the vents?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Just a quick question, why do I need to buy your muffler delete that looks high quality and all that and not just get the oem one and cut just above the vents?

The OEM piece is already cut - What you want is a smooth straight air path. So you would need to literally weld something in place to remove the slits on the OEM piece.

Check this out. Silver = oem. Black - APR. The silver piece has holes into it, which is where air and sound gets pumped into the muffler housing. Ours is a solid piece, so nothing escapes.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Sweet!! I always hoped someone would make this. I love how much easier things are on this platform. These bastards were part of the turbo housing on mk6's.

*And oh yeah, video!!!

Last edited:

Irishace

Ready to race!
Very cool indeed, very curious about sound enhancement and would love to see a video install of it.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Yeah, I tried to get a video with one of our other guys, but we were picking up too much road noise and wind on our microphone. I'll have to try again with a different setup. Maybe under the hood? Seems like cheating doing that but it may be the best bet.

GoTime1

Ready to race!
Yeah, I tried to get a video with one of our other guys, but we were picking up too much road noise and wind on our microphone. I'll have to try again with a different setup. Maybe under the hood? Seems like cheating doing that but it may be the best bet.

I suspected that the change in noise level would not be high enough to be noticeable. No point actually trying to "find" the noise.

Would be nice to see some airflow logs or something similar to prove the efficiency of the product. I did something similar on my old focus ST a few years back and it helped a lot with flow.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Just place a mic in cabin, windows up, AC off. If there's a difference you should be able to hear it.

I can hear my spool pretty well and I'm bone stock. But I did do the engine bay rear trim mod. Which if turbo spool is your thing, DO IT. It's free...

This car should be a spool monster with stage 1, intake and this mod. ( if it adds sound )

gtiw7

Ready to race!
for those who doesn't know what that is or what its benefits watch this video, bear in mind this video is not made by APR and may not represent their product. but it will illustrate in 3D how turbo mufflers work in general.

credits of the video goes to HG-Motorsport.

GoTime1

Ready to race!
For some reason (and please don't shoot me down for this) I think that this product as a whole seems a little "gimmicky".

I can understand the better flow scenario. But can someone please show me some graphs to prove the theories. I am an engineer and it makes sense. But I need some facts

RedGTIMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
just my opinion but any time you clean up the flow there is usually something gained and I'd like to see the data on that, I'm not one to do something for just noise.