GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the MK7 Golf, GTI and R Vent Mounted Boost Gauge System!

EF_Heynen

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been running the Golf R version for a couple weeks now. Feedback:
Good. Installation ease, although the wires from the engine bay to the guage were a little on the short side.
Complaints:
1. The electric motor in the guage is noisy. In fact it is the noisiest thing in my car while sitting at idle.

2. The actual needle is very short and difficult to see. The center hub where the needle attaches is very fat compared to competitor's guages. It Would be nice to have the blue needle continue through the center "hub" of the needle the way the tach and speedometer needles are in the dash. Given the usual quality of APR, I am a bit surprised this level of detail was not considered.

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
Complaints:
1. The electric motor in the guage is noisy. In fact it is the noisiest thing in my car while sitting at idle.

I have only noticed a short buzz just after start up. I haven't heard anything other than that.

EF_Heynen

Passed Driver's Ed
I have only noticed a short buzz just after start up. I haven't heard anything other than that.
Yes, it is really only at idle. It is as if my car developed a new rattle or noise that wasn't there before. I just chalk it up to one of those risks of adding mods.

Otherwise the boost tap and install kit are great.