GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Plus, anyone running it yet?

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
One of my local VW dealers is an APR dealer as well and another one is thinking about becoming one.

Besides the APR+ stuff it makes me wonder how they'll handle cars that come in without a tune but other aftermarket parts like an intercooler, intake, downpipe etc.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
One of my local VW dealers is an APR dealer as well and another one is thinking about becoming one.

Besides the APR+ stuff it makes me wonder how they'll handle cars that come in without a tune but other aftermarket parts like an intercooler, intake, downpipe etc.

Does the dealer mention that if you do tune your car through them it will void your warranty?

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Yes, they tell you that the powertrain warranty is now through APR. Given that they're a VW Dealer tho, if something breaks you just bring it to them. If it's covered by VW, they fix it. If it's covered by APR, the dealer contacts APR and they fix it. Seems convenient.

I'm still curious if that makes the dealer more amenable to dealing with modded cars tho. Someone comes in with an intake and intercooler, no tune. They gonna just fix it under VW warranty, or going to raise a stink?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes, they tell you that the powertrain warranty is now through APR. Given that they're a VW Dealer tho, if something breaks you just bring it to them. If it's covered by VW, they fix it. If it's covered by APR, the dealer contacts APR and they fix it. Seems convenient.

I'm still curious if that makes the dealer more amenable to dealing with modded cars tho. Someone comes in with an intake and intercooler, no tune. They gonna just fix it under VW warranty, or going to raise a stink?

My dealer would definitely warranty a powertrain problem with only an intake and IC.

Colowyo

Passed Driver's Ed

I just dropped mine off at Emich today for the APR+ on my new Golf R. Can't wait to drive it.

Do I recognize that screen name from the NASA RM board?

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
I just dropped mine off at Emich today for the APR+ on my new Golf R. Can't wait to drive it.

Do I recognize that screen name from the NASA RM board?

Nice! They're 5-10 minutes from my office and will likely be where I take my car for warranty work.

Yup, although I haven't been able to make a NASA event for too long.

Colowyo

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice! They're 5-10 minutes from my office and will likely be where I take my car for warranty work.

Yup, although I haven't been able to make a NASA event for too long.

I figured since you're supposed to take your car to the APR dealer first if an issue arrises, it would make sense to just have have them do the tune. I have clunk as well that they are looking into.

I haven't made a NASA event for two or three years either. But as my track car becomes more of a race car, I hope to make more NASA events next year. Maybe even a logbook and some W2W.

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
I figured since you're supposed to take your car to the APR dealer first if an issue arrises, it would make sense to just have have them do the tune. I have clunk as well that they are looking into.

I haven't made a NASA event for two or three years either. But as my track car becomes more of a race car, I hope to make more NASA events next year. Maybe even a logbook and some W2W.

My thoughts are that since they're an APR dealer they'll be more willing to reasonable on warranty work on modded cars. IE, if you bring a car in with an intercooler they'll still warranty a wheel bearing or water pump.

I sold my track car and trailer, I just wasn't using it that much. Now I have a really fun street car that I take out on track here and there but the lack of safety gear (rollbar/cage/harnesses) freaks me out.

natemorin

I got the APR+ tune from a local VW dealer last week and I have to say I’m not super impressed with it so far. Car actually feels slower and more hesitant to spool up and kick down than before in all modes but Race. Actually seems my mileage has gone up by a couple MPG even.

Anyone else experience this?

I’ve asked APR what they think and I’m planning to call the dealer this week who did the tune if they’re willing to refund my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I got the APR+ tune from a local VW dealer last week and I have to say I’m not super impressed with it so far. Car actually feels slower and more hesitant to spool up and kick down than before in all modes but Race. Actually seems my mileage has gone up by a couple MPG even.

I’ve asked APR what they think and I’m planning to call the dealer this week who did the tune if they’re willing to refund my money.

What do you mean if their willing to refund you? It has a 30 day money back guarantee

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Did you buy the car new? Perhaps it was already tuned.

natemorin

What do you mean if their willing to refund you? It has a 30 day money back guarantee

Does it? I had no idea. The dealer gave me no paperwork on the tune at all and I picked it up after hours so I couldn’t even talk to the tech or even the Service Manager.