GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Pendulum Mount & Dogbone Insert

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
I've given APR enough time to respond... They apparently don't care enough to do damage control SO, without further ado, it is my pleasure to bring to you (forum dwellers who hate APR or users who may be considering APR's insert/pendulum mount solution) my twisted APR pendulum mount & bent dogbone insert. They failed their only task on my APR Stage 2 (high torque) MK7.5. Enjoy!

pendulum.jpg

insert.jpg

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
If this was the first time I'd seen this I'd be lying. Sorry.

I was sort've surprised, but it is what it is. I'm convinced inserts are a waste of time now.

Edit: This was my third insert - 034 (bent), BFI (didn't feel like it was doing much), APR (bent)

Last edited:

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Damn! Was considering the pendulum mount to go with the powerflex hybrid puck...may go with the ECS version instead.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Isn't the 034 the true complete solution? They found out early on you needed the backside reinforcement...

I haven't read enough about it first hand from users so if I'm way off base here feel free to correct me!

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Has no one done the Racingline dogbone?

It looks great, but I've never seen anyone actually report on it.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Isn't the 034 the true complete solution? They found out early on you needed the backside reinforcement...

I haven't read enough about it first hand from users so if I'm way off base here feel free to correct me!

No, it's not a complete solution. It's two pieces of aluminum wedged in the OEM rubber bushing. Their lower insert was bending (this came out first) so their solution was to put another piece of aluminum in the mix to relieve some of the load... Not a good solution at all.

I ended up with a slightly modified :ROFLMAO: complete replacement polyurethane mount (replaced entire OEM rubber bushing) originally designed for the TTRS/RS3... FSB went in, took advantage of the subframe being down. The difference is incredible. NVH has increased, but it was TOTALLY worth it.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
So I can definitely see that a proper rubber upgrade is better than patching it with metal shims albeit more involved. The opportunity to deadset the subframe and fsb is nice. I thought that maybe the 034 full kit would be acceptable but if it still doesn't give you enough reinforcement then it ain't worth bothering!

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
So I can definitely see that a proper rubber upgrade is better than patching it with metal shims albeit more involved. The opportunity to deadset the subframe and fsb is nice. I thought that maybe the 034 full kit would be acceptable but if it still doesn't give you enough reinforcement then it ain't worth bothering!

Bingo! FSB, full bushing replacement, deadset kit = :love: