GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR No Longer Providing Stage 2 Tunes After Labour Day. Other Tuners to Follow

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
It's probably more likely that Vibrant can no longer directly sell their cats in the US. You will be able to get them through other channels i'm guessing. If all else fails just come up to Canada for a DP and a tune and get some ketchup chips and poutine while your up here.
I doubt that even this would be true. The problem with all the aftermarket downpipes isn’t the cats themselves, it’s that you’re replacing two cats with a single cat. An aftermarket downpipe with two cats located in the same position VW placed them should be completely above board.

*Technically* you‘re only supposed to replace a cat when one is no longer functioning, but that still means that replacement parts must exist and Vibrant is allowed to manufacture and sell those replacements.
So if you replace your two “non functioning” stock catalytic converters with high flow Vibrant GESI cats, you’re good to go (unless you’re subject to CARB restrictions).

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Just picked this up before IE gets the ban. My buddy is giving me an APR stage 2 upgrade code next week for my birthday.
SmartSelect_20200807-101751_Chrome.jpg

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
The passenger vehicles are a small portion of emissions but I don't think this is a small number of vehicles going decat or reduced cat.

Modded Euros settlement agreement with the EPA shows that they sold over 110 catless downpipes in just one year (catted ones aren't even listed but has to be at least an equal portion if not more)

110 catless, 110+ more "HFC" and this is almost exclusively CTS products listed. Extrapolate a little bit to 3-4 years, 7-8 other brands, retailers and ebay and realize that there has to be many thousands if not tens of thousands of VW/Audi cars on the roads in the us with emissions defeating equipment.

I was behind a cadillac SRX (yes the suv) that was decat yesterday and it was downright disgusting. HFC is better but its still not as clean as the stock setup.

Percentages don't really matter too much when you're dealing with a public nuisance item.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Doubtful they'd come after individuals. But it would make things harder for the individuals to acquire the things needed to modify their cars.

Wonder if I should modify my sig?o_O

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I doubt that even this would be true. The problem with all the aftermarket downpipes isn’t the cats themselves, it’s that you’re replacing two cats with a single cat. An aftermarket downpipe with two cats located in the same position VW placed them should be completely above board.

*Technically* you‘re only supposed to replace a cat when one is no longer functioning, but that still means that replacement parts must exist and Vibrant is allowed to manufacture and sell those replacements.
So if you replace your two “non functioning” stock catalytic converters with high flow Vibrant GESI cats, you’re good to go (unless you’re subject to CARB restrictions).

Vibrant actually stopped production of all cats about a year ago. GESI became its own separate company from Vibrant and they only produce cats.

This is my new GESI EPA Approved 300 cell for my personal car, as I made a deal to sell the prototype I’ve been running since last year when my V2 downpipe came out (Which has the discontinued 200 cell)

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
Spoke to my local APR dealer and APR customer support. Both confirmed that you’ll still be able to get the is38 test file tune if you’re looking to do that

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
So how will this affect the UK and EU made downpipes? Will they be banned from import?

Wagner, Milltek, Bull X, Remus, Scorpion...etc.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Vibrant actually stopped production of all cats about a year ago. GESI became its own separate company from Vibrant and they only produce cats.

This is my new GESI EPA Approved 300 cell for my personal car, as I made a deal to sell the prototype I’ve been running since last year when my V2 downpipe came out (Which has the discontinued 200 cell)
Nice! I hadn’t heard they split.

Ungwei

Car(s)
2019 VW GTI
Any feedback on the cts downpipe? Seems like this one is still in production and available. Seems like a good alternative to an APR dp.