GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR? Mk7 R DSG tuning?

GGray

Ready to race!
Are they doing the DSG tuning for the Golf R MK 7?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I'm sure they are thinking about it, but the DSG program for the R is a bit more complicated than what they currently support. The R already modifies the shift patterns based on the driving mode, which can be customized.

GGray

Ready to race!
I'm sure they are thinking about it, but the DSG program for the R is a bit more complicated than what they currently support. The R already modifies the shift patterns based on the driving mode, which can be customized.

That is only in sport and normal driving. In manual mode is where APR has modified the programing in the GTI. With the Porsche PDK, which is basis ally the same as dsg, Porsche programing allows the car to float at or near the rev limit without auto upshifting like the VW programing. On a track you sometimes need to hold a gear close to the redline or revlimit when the dsg sees the car staying there it auto upshifts which is not good.

The APR programing changes are primarily for track use. Which is what I would do with an R when my race car is not used. It makes dsg operate like a true manual without the vw nanny programing causing issues.

GGray

Ready to race!
I understand that, I have a MKV GTI with the HPA Stage 3 DSG tune. I've got automatic upshifts removed as well as kickdown.

That's the same basic tuningAPR does... Makes it more like a PDK gearbox.

GGray

Ready to race!
I understand that, I have a MKV GTI with the HPA Stage 3 DSG tune. I've got automatic upshifts removed as well as kickdown.

That's the same basic tuningAPR does... Makes it more like a PDK gearbox. If I end up with an R it will be on the track shortly after break in....