GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr just announced on Facebook....

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Security Lockout doesn't prevent VW from detecting the tune once their diagnostics equipment is hooked up to the car. It would only prevent someone other than you from switching programs.

Seppdelaney

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
I'm debating on the Stage 1 purely on the fact that I don't want something to break at somepoint and then my warranty is void....decisions, decisions.

-Nappy

The likelihood of a tune from APR voiding your warranty is pretty slim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guodami

Please excuse a nube question. Does this tune apply to the DSG as well or only the MT. If yes to the DSG then what characteristic changes can be expected on the DSG? I have read the DSG has limitation with respect to torque but also undesirable manners at low speed/rpm situations such as parking lots and odd shifting in tracking like conditions?

GoTime1

Ready to race!
Please excuse a nube question. Does this tune apply to the DSG as well or only the MT. If yes to the DSG then what characteristic changes can be expected on the DSG? I have read the DSG has limitation with respect to torque but also undesirable manners at low speed/rpm situations such as parking lots and odd shifting in tracking like conditions?

it applies to both platforms

Most people say that the DSG holds a lot more power than the manual version of the car (400Hp). You do get a DSG flash along with the peri peri file once you go for bigger power.

joema2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Golf GTI 6MT
....I have read the DSG has...undesirable manners at low speed/rpm situations such as parking lots....

The Mark VII DSG does fine at low speed and in parking lots. For the most part it feels and behaves similarly to a conventional torque converter automatic.

If you are very attentive you can perceive slight differences, such as releasing throttle at low speed will sometimes cause in-gear deceleration. This is not quite as smooth as a torque converter but the effect is generally subtle.

There is also some minor gear whine and other indicators it's not a conventional automatic. However these effects are usually minor. Probably most people drive a late-generation DSG and don't even know the difference.

The positive tradeoff is it shifts much faster than a conventional automatic, is more efficient, and you have more control.

APR is working on a software update for the new DSG which further improves it, but the stock behavior is pretty good.

vagmotorsport

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't be fooled that piggybacks cannot be detected. We have had a car lose it warranty with a piggyback. The turbo blew and generated some errors which were not cleared before the car went into the dealership. ODIS picked up errors and warranty was flagged.

MIKE2

The likelihood of a tune from APR voiding your warranty is pretty slim.

Based on what can you affirm this?

Try having problems with the turbo /engine or with the transmission with the car modded (any kind of tune), and see if they won´t try to void the warranty...

The difference between both, is that with the ECU Upgrade, they have hard proof that the car has been tampered, while with a box it is harder to prove (but they could still use a log or something else to try to prove it).

Seppdelaney

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
I can base it on past experience with companies like APR- they're not just releasing a tune that hasn't been tried and tested extensively- it's not like you're taking your car to the local tuning shop, putting it on a Dyno and dicking around with the coding inside the ECU,hoping the engine doesn't grenade. APR is a pretty well known tuner.

MIKE2

I can base it on past experience with companies like APR- they're not just releasing a tune that hasn't been tried and tested extensively- it's not like you're taking your car to the local tuning shop, putting it on a Dyno and dicking around with the coding inside the ECU,hoping the engine doesn't grenade. APR is a pretty well known tuner.

Like VW cares if it´s APR or Xing Ling company... :rolleyes:
All it matters is that it is not done by VW, meaning it will void the car warranty. After all, it should not be their expense to replace something that broke for not being used as sold.

Also keep in mind that the product is not sold only in one Country. Each dealer handles the situation differently. All the cases I have seen, the owner ended up having to pay for any damage, regardless if the car was still covered.

MidKnight7

Ready to race!
the whole warranty debate is overrated! who needs a warranty! :D lol

AGREED!!!...if you want to keep the warranty...leave the car alone till the warranty expires...if you want to modify your car in anyway than you have made your choice and there is no going back...i know i did haha:cool:

btufail

Ready to race!
AGREED!!!...if you want to keep the warranty...leave the car alone till the warranty expires...if you want to modify your car in anyway than you have made your choice and there is no going back...i know i did haha:cool:
When I tuned my mk6 the dealership didn't care. Again things might be different now. I'll ask them when I start shopping for the mk7!