GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr just announced on Facebook....

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
That the new mk7 is a direct port flash!!! No more removal of ecu. Yay!

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
They've also been working on tuning the 2.0T that's in the Mk7 GTI and posted this last night: "The 2.0T EA888 Gen 3 is making great power with only stage 1 so far. We're already seeing over 300 HP and we're not finished yet."

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
Mmmm power

kenny.c

Ready to race!
If VW wanted to find out they could....even if the flash counter was reset every time you flash the ECU, the "check sum" number will always change and show something has been changed on the ECU.

Ken

syphanx

Passed Driver's Ed
So has anyone had any experience with Revo vs APR? (As these are the only two brands I'd consider), I was originally dedicated to APR, but more research into Revo is showing some pretty good stuff.

I have mk7 GTI.

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
People who I have known with revo have had great performance gains, no faults but then again don't know how long they kept for.

kenny.c

Ready to race!
I had Revo on a 2.0TSI Sirocco for 3 years and 30,000 miles....never had one problem. If APR offer the option to alter the map from the cruise control stalk on the MK7 like previous models ill try APR this time I think.

Both Revo and APR are reporting port flash and 300+bhp from stage 1 so id say there will be little difference in reality.

Ken

syphanx

Passed Driver's Ed
Both Revo and APR are reporting port flash

I know there had been a lot of talk regarding whether or not VW dealers will be able to pick up with a car has been port flashed or not, I think Kenny you were saying something about the counter reset? Is there an actual engineering based definitive answer whether this is the case?

Just cause my gti has 5 years warranty on it and would hate to void it due to an ECU tune.

kenny.c

Ready to race!
On the previous version 2 of the EA888 engine (MK7 GTI has version 3) there was a flash counter which is very easy for anyone to read how many times the ECU has been flashed. But good tuners will reset this whilst flashing.

But there is also a checksum figure http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checksum which will change every time the ECU is altered, and there is nothing that can be done to prevent this change. Even a dealer update will change this checksum number from its original factory figure. Im lead to believe at dealer level they do not have access to the original check sum numbers anyway.

Ive had many car remapped over the years...all with warranty and never had any problems....even our last car a 2.0 TSI Scirocco had a clutch replaced on warranty.

Ken

gtiw7

Ready to race!
APR numbers for the 7GTi are very impressive. Around 42kw increase with software.

and how on earth do you know? :rolleyes: I would say BS as APR didn't announce any final numbers for mk7...they did say on their Facebook page it made more than 300hp which is 60kw gain over the stock 164kw; and even that wasn't final! they will get more than 60kw out of it :)

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
APR numbers for the 7GTi are very impressive. Around 42kw increase with software.

We've hit as high as 330 HP with our software so far. Quite a large gain over stock and was the highest output the TUV testing has seen.