GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Iridium Pro Spark Plugs are Here!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I've been a Ruth user for a while now. I have my 6th set sitting on my table ready for install now? I decided to get a set of NGK non projected "racing plugs" a try. If I'm going non-projected, I don't want the ground strap out there like the APR has.
The APRs aren't non-projected. Edit...what are they? Seems like a normal strap?

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
The APRs aren't non-projected. Edit...what are they? Seems like a normal strap?
The electrode isn't projected, but the strap is. I think we've all seen the insulator around the electrode break, but also the ground straps. That's why i went with the NGK racing plugs which have both recessed. I figured I'd try it once to see if I was missing out on something. Ruths seem to be working at 32 psi. :p

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
@jawndropper spark plugs would make a killer Hitler finds out/reacts video!

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I'm a little curious as to how these 2 steps colder than stock plugs will hold up in "tuned" daily drivers. Most here don't autocross or drag race and cars (like mine) sometimes go days without going full throttle.

James At EQT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 RS3 + AWD Mk6
I'm a little curious as to how these 2 steps colder than stock plugs will hold up in "tuned" daily drivers. Most here don't autocross or drag race and cars (like mine) sometimes go days without going full throttle.
A lot of our existing customers drive their cars every day on 2 step colder plugs without issues.
I run a similar plug in my RS3 that gets both street and track driven, no issues. (Denso 5750)

tigeo

Autocross Champion
So if they are comparable, what makes them better?
That they are $100 for a set of 4, the other popular racing plugs are much more expensive.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
That they are $100 for a set of 4, the other popular racing plugs are much more expensive.
Again.. Ruths are 11 bucks a piece, have been good from -0F to 100F ambient, 32/33psi, E80 fuel.. etc.. But my car has never been tracked. Usually quick 1 or 2 gear pulls (like what 99% of the people here probably do). Not saying there is anything wrong with these plugs. I have APR coils and they are.. fine.

APR makes/sells quality products (the DTR isn't targeted towards the big turbo crowd!).

Last edited:

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I still haven't heard a single argument with data to back it up to stop using Ruths. Y'all can run your fancy racing spark plugs, but I get a 4 pack of Ruths for 35 bucks and they have never given me a single complaint.

Maybe next they will release "APR Racing Oil" which is just rotella in a new jug.