GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Iridium Pro Spark Plugs are Here!

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I don't understand why people are triggered about some new spark plugs. APR has provided another option, and at a price point lower than some of the alternatives. Seems like a good thing to me 🤷‍♂️

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I don't understand why people are triggered about some new spark plugs. APR has provided another option, and at a price point lower than some of the alternatives. Seems like a good thing to me 🤷‍♂️
Not triggered at all. It's nice to have another option out there.

I've been running Brisk er10s without issue. Others swear by ruth's. Both are significantly cheaper options compared to some of the other "racing" plugs that are out there.

I'd like to know with quantifiable data as to how these are superior to other plugs on the market.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Not triggered at all. It's nice to have another option out there.

I've been running Brisk er10s without issue. Others swear by ruth's. Both are significantly cheaper options compared to some of the other "racing" plugs that are out there.

I'd like to know with quantifiable data as to how these are superior to other plugs on the market.
Is there a claim by APR somewhere that I'm not seeing where they claim they're superior? They're just plugs with a certain spec if you want to run that spec of plug.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I just ordered a set from APR b/c I love to try things/test/science/etc.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Is there a claim by APR somewhere that I'm not seeing where they claim they're superior? They're just plugs with a certain spec if you want to run that spec of plug.
What justifies the cost difference between these plugs and other plugs on the market? Last time I bought ER10s they were like $10/plug. The APR ones are $24.95/plug. Denso and NGK "Racing" plugs cost even more.

FWIW I have APR coil packs. Noticed ZERO performance difference over OEM coil packs.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Exactly. They are 2 heat range colder "race" plugs and compete accordingly. $100 for a set. NGK race are quite a bit more (seem to recall $200?) Not sure on Denso 27 are $145 off the FCP site...not to be fair, you can return them for free replacements for life and the return shipping isn't much on plugs.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So should we save 250 pages of off topic bs and just make this a thread about Honda Groms right from the start?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
So should we save 250 pages of off topic bs and just make this a thread about Honda Groms right from the start?
As I said above "IN BEFORE TRAIN WRECK"