GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Full Catch Can System for the MQB Platform 1.8/2.0T

Adam labi

Car(s)
Seat leon cupra
I purchased the new oil Catch can system for Ea888 platform ( seat cupra 2017) APR stage 2 / ets intercooler APR Downpipe APR Open intake .
I installed the system to my car and after while I noticed that I have positive pressure In the Engine head i noticed that when I opened the fill-in cup oil on the engine
I had so much positive pressure !!!
My question is
Is your system works like that
makes positive pressure?( Rush off air )
I reinstalled my PCV valve again and I had vacuum when I opened the oil fill cap
I don’t know if my kit Catch Can System it’s OK
oh it’s broken and be needed to replace???
And I noticed that oil in my inlet pipe to!!

C987C0C1-798C-4F42-B0E7-6A18B0211AB3.jpeg
We
D80A8465-984E-4F36-8BAF-D20DB3759AF9.jpeg

Last edited:

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I purchased the new oil Catch can system for Ea888 platform ( seat cupra 2017) APR stage 2 / ets intercooler APR Downpipe APR Open intake .
I installed the system to my car and after while I noticed that I have positive pressure In the Engine head i noticed that when I opened the fill-in cup oil on the engine
My question is
I reinstalled my PCV valve again and I had vacuum when I opened the oil fill cap

View attachment 214708WeView attachment 214710
Pretty sure that's a normal amount of oil in your intel pipe.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Arin,

Have the rtv block and oring issue been addressed?
I want on buy one on your next sale!

Yes and no…. My kit with a build date from 10/20/21 doesn’t leak from the block but it’s leaking from the oring hose only after 1 week of driving.

I saw the CPO vid before I installed mine but honesty didn’t feel like doing that extra credit work on some else’s assignment that I paid close to 700 bucks for lol. I need to email about it actually.

76ACCF4D-969E-4B48-86C8-B621BDACBB7E.jpeg
7994238D-162B-4640-B6F9-BEA948EDDFA2.jpeg

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Arin,

Have the rtv block and oring issue been addressed?
I want on buy one on your next sale!

Yup! I had a customer (I think CPO) report it and we nipped it. If anyone in the field has an issue, shoot us an email and we'll get you sorted.

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
My question is

View attachment 214708WeView attachment 214710
I'm having this exact same issue, just installed a few days ago. system was clean while using the APR ver.1 catch can the one that uses factory PCV and mounts to the APR closed intake. Now, its like this system is dumping oil into my intake.