GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Full Catch Can System for the MQB Platform 1.8/2.0T

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

The APR Catch Can System with PCV Plate is a comprehensive upgrade to your engine's Positive Crank Ventilation (PCV) system. This factory-racecar-inspired-system takes a multi-step approach to addressing several performance robbing issues, and critical engine safety concerns, with the factory system. The basis for the system is simple: Your engine's factory PCV system has several issues. The APR Catch Can System with PCV Plate addresses each one.

Fits MQB Platform EA888 Gen 3 / Gen 3B 1.8T and 2.0T Engines.

Get the Details Here

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Does this pcv plate cause there to be a slight positive pressure in the crankcase like most other pcv plates or is there gonna be a vacuum? Also what's up with the silver line bending downward to the right of the pcv plate?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
This system will prevent over-pressurization of the crankcase. The silver tube I think may be unique to our design. It allows the the coarse oil separation system to work properly. We don't remove it. That channel is still active.

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
My main concern with the plate for track use is that the coarse oil separator entry is unblocked and it appears that the return is blocked. The largest complaint right now from these full replacement kits is excessive oil loss into catch cans, during hard driving. The LMS 2.0t cars run a true aos that returns excess oil back into the pan via a passthrough drain plug.

I have no idea because I've never seen a plate with the coarse unblocked, but I worry that this could further the problem of filling up catch cans on the track.

If apr could make a kit simillar to this https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...lling-the-catchcan.377884/page-6#post-7502302

and have it come in at a reasonable price point, me and I'm sure close to everyone else who tracks a mqb car would buy it

Last edited:

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
Yes but if you look at the diagram the red line is open on your plate, while the yellow return still appears to be blocked off unless I am mistaken.

It seems like this would cause extra oil to flow to the catch can, compared to a plate that has the red line blocked off. The plate on the lms cars also has this blocked, but then again having a motor last 100k miles isn't as high up in the design decisions.

At that point, I don't see any reason to have the yellow return section blocked off, as that should help return oil to the motor.

b0423010d5b8f3acf6881edbde126b98.png

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yes but if you look at the diagram the red line is open on your plate, while the yellow return still appears to be blocked off unless I am mistaken.

It seems like this would cause extra oil to flow to the catch can, compared to a plate that has the red line blocked off. The plate on the lms cars also has this blocked, but then again having a motor last 100k miles isn't as high up in the design decisions.

At that point, I don't see any reason to have the yellow return section blocked off, as that should help return oil to the motor.

View attachment 207800
Every time I see that it freaking trips me out. Witchcraft.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
We just want a real AOS. Crawford makes one for STI and BRZ. Why can't the VW aftermarket figure it out?