GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

AeroRick08

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R - Manual
Hi Arin! Fantastic work you guys are doing with the mk7 as always. I’m curious how important an IC upgrade is to the base turbo kit here (no HPFP etc) running 93 octane. I have a 2017 manual R with APR carbon intake, SB S3 daily clutch, and fluidampr, with APR STAGE 1 tune high torque to reflash. Is a new IC needed if I’m not going to track it hard and anything else recommended for reliability? Looking forward to this thanks!!!

AeroRick08

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R - Manual
Thanks, I see you’re active in vwvortex so I’m learning more there as well! That’s the only hesitation with this upgrade, being that a $1500 turbo+Tune is really a $2500-$3k turbo+tune+IC+intake not including dealer costs. Don’t get me wrong I love it but harder to justify the jump from an already satisfying stage 1 lol.

I’m guessing charge pipes are the only other thing that would be in order?? I have the gapped plugs as well…

AeroRick08

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R - Manual
I would upgrade things when time and money permits. Personally, if it were my car, I'd probably end up doing this in this order:

Stage 1
Intake
Intercooler
(Wait a while and save up)
Turbo kit
Fueling

Thanks! I'm basically following that with the intercooler going in right before the turbo now :)

Just realized the plugs I have are NGK 91006 (the heat range 8, Audi RS3 plugs) not the R7437-9. Can I gap them differently or will a 1 step heat range or any other specs be a concern :cry:

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
@Arin@APR I am really considering this. For the MPI can this be installed on the oem euro intake or anything that prevents that. Would prefer not to drill the factory manifold unless required.

Jacks Golf R

Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
And EQT said they would gladly tune this turbo with aftermarket downpipe. Ed also suggested by the specs what turbo it is likely based on to give an idea of what power to expect
Can you point me to where those numbers are. I'd love to see what Ed said about the turbo as this may influence my next steps. I bought the turbo/MPI package already and its on the way.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
The APR DTR6054 now supports the ROW / European / Non-USA/Canada Markets!

Details
https://goapr.io/rowdtr

This ROW release is designed for use on Rest of World (ROW) / European / Non-USA / Non-Canadian market vehicles that feature a 2.0T EA888.3 engine with an IS20 factory turbocharger. Typical vehicles include the MQB Audi A3, Q3, S1, SQ2, and TT, VW Jetta / GLI, Golf GTI, and Tiguan, Skoda Octavia, Seat Leon, and more with manual and DSG/S-Tronic transmissions. This includes both Simos 18 and Simos 18.10 ECUs, and both GPF/OPF and Non-GPF/OPF based vehicles. Software support for IS38 factory turbocharger based vehicles such as the MQB Golf R, S3, and similar platform vehicles are still in development but not available at this time.

Please note:

Specific software is required to use this system. Software is included for various vehicles. Software compatibility must be checked before purchase. If no software is found, a software request must be made and filled before purchase. The software installs to your vehicle's factory ECU. Software can only be installed by an Authorized APR dealer.

This system reuses your factory electronic wastegate and electronic diverter valve. To safely achieve the advertised power use an upgraded Intake and Intercooler. To prevent clutch slip use our transmission software or a manual clutch upgrade. Use APR spark plugs or NGK heat range 9 (NGKR7437-9) spark plugs gapped to 0.024" ±0.002" or 0.6mm ±0.05mm with a change interval of 10-15,000 mi or 16-24,000 km. Always use a high performance oil with more frequent change intervals.

To fit this system with APR Compressor Outlet Pipes, use the APR DTR6054 Compressor Outlet Hose Conversion Kit (MS100213).