Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
1679668482049.png

19birel

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
emissions compliance aside, this turbo comes with a tune included in the price. If you don't already have Cobb, you're saving ~$1,200 between getting an AP and a custom tune

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
emissions compliance aside, this turbo comes with a tune included in the price. If you don't already have Cobb, you're saving ~$1,200 between getting an AP and a custom tune
bruh this has to be the 5,000th time that's been said in this thread

19birel

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
bruh this has to be the 5,000th time that's been said in this thread
It's also the 5,000th time that someone has said the turbo has too much lag and there are better options etc. etc. etc.so a reminder seemed appropriate, bruh

Slowms3

Ready to race!
I bought the turbo locally for $700 so for me I’m saving $1000+ on the other hybrids/BT. Worth it for me personally and I won’t be tempted to send my motor to the moon

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Really stoked to see what this does with a custom tune, to really put into perspective how this thing stacks up against the other popular choices.
It's also the 5,000th time that someone has said the turbo has too much lag and there are better options etc. etc. etc.so a reminder seemed appropriate, bruh
he was responding to your post, which asked about a custom tune compared to other options, BRUH

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So @Keehs360 just had a DTR installed on his GTI, and since he isn't allowed on the forums, asked me to post his review to the thread:

Hey guys, did you know that in terms of MQB turbo upgrades, the APR DTR6054 is the most compatible for emission compliant GTI's? Not only is the spool great, which is among the best of available hybrids, the DTR has a larger billet aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum 60mm compressor wheel, which means it's large enough to be able to push some serious air, and with their included ECU tune, you can be rough with one. Due to their dual ceramic ball bearing center section, there’s no doubt in my mind that a spooled DTR would be incredibly quick, so quick that you could easily run 9's for hours without getting lag. It also has support for 91, 93, and 100 octane fuels, along with not needing an aftermarket downpipe, so it’d be incredibly easy for one to hit 400hp. With the ability to add fueling upgrades, they can easily run E85. No other turbo comes close to this level of compatibility. Also, fun fact, if you hold down the brake enough, you can build boost and launch your car. The DTR is literally built for racecars. Ungodly internals+overcast turbo inlet pipe+nickle-based superalloy K418 high-flow 54mm turbine wheel means it can make passes all day, all different speeds and still come for more.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So @Keehs360 just had a DTR installed on his GTI, and since he isn't allowed on the forums, asked me to post his review to the thread:

Hey guys, did you know that in terms of MQB turbo upgrades, the APR DTR6054 is the most compatible for emission compliant GTI's? Not only is the spool great, which is among the best of available hybrids, the DTR has a larger billet aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum 60mm compressor wheel, which means it's large enough to be able to push some serious air, and with their included ECU tune, you can be rough with one. Due to their dual ceramic ball bearing center section, there’s no doubt in my mind that a spooled DTR would be incredibly quick, so quick that you could easily run 9's for hours without getting lag. It also has support for 91, 93, and 100 octane fuels, along with not needing an aftermarket downpipe, so it’d be incredibly easy for one to hit 400hp. With the ability to add fueling upgrades, they can easily run E85. No other turbo comes close to this level of compatibility. Also, fun fact, if you hold down the brake enough, you can build boost and launch your car. The DTR is literally built for racecars. Ungodly internals+overcast turbo inlet pipe+nickle-based superalloy K418 high-flow 54mm turbine wheel means it can make passes all day, all different speeds and still come for more.
he forgot to talk about FMICs...strange