GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Got a cheapo phone mount, and did a quick Dragy pass. Not my best but I figured I’d put some times out there for people.

Boloc

Car(s)
20’ GTI
Thanks for the video and some real world results.

Not to take a dig at the DTR kit, but someone help me comprehend how APR's stage 1 numbers are almost identical to the DTR?
Presentation1.jpg

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Thanks for the video and some real world results.

Not to take a dig at the DTR kit, but someone help me comprehend how APR's stage 1 numbers are almost identical to the DTR? View attachment 262396
Because theres no mention of what tires were used.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
62-124 mph @ 11.066s
60-130 mph @ 13.343s

Holy fuck it really struggles to pick up those last 6mph...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Because a bigger turbo won't help you get any faster to 60 if you have no traction to begin with.
Also, almost no one will run a 13.1@110 on APR stage 1.

2ez4f8.jpg

audia3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Audi A3 2.0T
Because a bigger turbo won't help you get any faster to 60 if you have no traction to begin with.
Also, almost no one will run a 13.1@110 on APR stage 1.
Almost guaranteed that those #'s are from an A3. I ran a 13.1@110 on a Stage 1...but I have an A3. Don't see how a FWD car could achieve those #'s.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Almost guaranteed that those #'s are from an A3. I ran a 13.1@110 on a Stage 1...but I have an A3. Don't see how a FWD car could achieve those #'s.
It’s definitely a GTI, they ran a 5.6 0-60, I’m running faster than that with an open diff on Michelin PS4S tires.

APR probably did that pass on a 2dr S MT maybe even with weight reduction. My car is a boat in comparison - 4dr SE DSG, leather, sunroof, 2 car seats, full tank of gas that run.

Edit: My best trap speed so far is 116.85mph, I just don’t have any traction off the line. You can see me struggling to keep it straight around 60mph.

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
It’s definitely a GTI, they ran a 5.6 0-60, I’m running faster than that with an open diff on Michelin PS4S tires.

APR probably did that pass on a 2dr S MT maybe even with weight reduction. My car is a boat in comparison - 4dr SE DSG, leather, sunroof, 2 car seats, full tank of gas that run.

Edit: My best trap speed so far is 116.85mph, I just don’t have any traction off the line. You can see me struggling to keep it straight around 60mph.

Are you running stock mounts? I bet APR's stage 1 numbers included at least their dogbone mount upgrades, which probably account for a couple tenths of a second

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Are you running stock mounts? I bet APR's stage 1 numbers included at least their dogbone mount upgrades, which probably account for a couple tenths of a second
Yes stock mounts, 034 dogbone insert. I want to do BFI stage 1 mounts and a dogbone mount, but aren’t ready to make concessions on NHV just yet.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Yes stock mounts, 034 dogbone insert. I want to do BFI stage 1 mounts and a dogbone mount, but aren’t ready to make concessions on NHV just yet.
I have BFI stage 1 and I honestly don't notice it. You could tell when they first went in, but they settled down a lot and I probably got used to it a little too. I highly recommend doing the mounts, not just for forward traction, but the whole car feels less sloppy when getting on/off throttle, especially going into or out of a turn. You're not that far from me if you ever want to hear/feel them in person on a manual car