GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

thatgolfrguy

Getting the DTR6054 with HPFP/LPFP on my 2019 R on Wednesday. Coming from APR Stage 2, so not expecting anything crazy, but I will be happy to be officially emissions compliant now.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Getting the DTR6054 with HPFP/LPFP on my 2019 R on Wednesday. Coming from APR Stage 2, so not expecting anything crazy, but I will be happy to be officially emissions compliant now.

unsure-not-sure.gif

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Lot a dough for a performance sidestep that will likely decrease your car’s resale value. But I suppose they have their reasons…?

Maybe they still have their stock DP, are doing all the work themselves, and never plan on selling the car?

The performance data is out there now so I guess we should just assume they have done their research, read the reviews from other R owners and decided this was the right path for them.

Be that as it may… I’m still with Larry David on this one, “Ehhhh…”

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Lot a dough for a performance sidestep that will likely decrease your car’s resale value. But I suppose they have their reasons…?

Maybe they still have their stock DP, are doing all the work themselves, and never plan on selling the car?

The performance data is out there now so I guess we should just assume they have done their research, read the reviews from other R owners and decided this was the right path for them.

Be that as it may… I’m still with Larry David on this one, “Ehhhh…”
Not everyone cares about resale value - I don't see how it impacts it anyway, at a min. you just lose the upgrade money which again, to many, who cares. I though on the R with the fuelling upgrades you can get quite a bit out of this vs. a stage 1 on the stock IS38?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Not everyone cares about resale value - I don't see how it impacts it anyway, at a min. you just lose the upgrade money which again, to many, who cares. I though on the R with the fuelling upgrades you can get quite a bit out of this vs. a stage 1 on the stock IS38?

I think it depends on your goals. Low end, like 0 - 80, this doesn't seem any better, if not worse, than a stage 1 IS38. However, has more top end once you get passed that.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
I think it depends on your goals. Low end, like 0 - 80, this doesn't seem any better, if not worse, than a stage 1 IS38. However, has more top end once you get passed that.
Yeah I’m just going off numbers posted for the R as I have a GTI, the 1/8 mile in particular.

I personally didn’t care about resale value when modding my car, I knew I had to swap the IS20 one way or the other to get the power I wanted without upgrading fueling. It’s a different story if you already have an IS38 because the performance upgrade with the DTR is nowhere near as drastic.

People sometimes say they aren’t expecting miracles but secretly still are - if this person really is being completely honest when saying this, I suppose they won’t be disappointed.

I say more power to ‘em

…even if only from 5-7.2K.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
People sometimes say they aren’t expecting miracles but secretly still are - if this person really is being completely honest when saying this, I suppose they won’t be disappointed.
but I will be happy to be officially emissions compliant now.
I guess it depends on the state and all that, but with emissions being a focus, I hope they're one of the ones that set readiness properly (or their state allows a monitor to not be set). Wasn't it the R with fueling specifically that was having this issue more frequently? Did we ever hear more about it? I've been out of the loop for a while traveling for work haha.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I think @riceburner has the most info on this (which isn’t much)
ha.

if i could do it all over again, probably would have tried a vortex on stock downpipe route, if i could still be emissions compliant or flash to stock as needed from home. yes more money, but yes more / wider power. but that said i'm not fully regretting the route i took. its pretty spry. i feel like my emoji every time i hit the top of 3rd gear

tigeo

Autocross Champion

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
ha.

if i could do it all over again, probably would have tried a vortex on stock downpipe route, if i could still be emissions compliant or flash to stock as needed from home. yes more money, but yes more / wider power. but that said i'm not fully regretting the route i took. its pretty spry. i feel like my emoji every time i hit the top of 3rd gear
Have you tried popping in those new APR spark plugs? Maybe that will set readiness :ROFLMAO:

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Out of all of this THIS is the biggest issue, not power/dyno sheet Pokemon battle.
Until they have an eo number I’m not interested especially since it can’t set readiness. I may as well go stock down pipe vortex xl. They at least seem to set readiness and are just as non smog compliant in ca. they claim the tune doesn’t trigger ca since it is Cobb based which has the correct check sun to pass that part.