GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The list of APR bits including coil packs is the best part of that video.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
No, I think he wants to see the video about a eqt ost is38 walking hitlers DTR.
Yeah the video of Hitler’s DTR getting blitzkrieged.

I would think the DTR’s mid-low 11 second 60-130s would be within reach for a stock fueling IS38, especially if it’s a 2dr manual S. So I can definitely see it being close, but the DTR getting walked, now that I gotta see a video.

I got into a back and forth with some other DTR owner on Reddit about this same thing a few weeks ago. He was claiming the DTR was “fast AF”, and I kept saying everything I’ve seen or done has been pretty much within IS38 capabilities.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I remember when he posted that 🤣🤣

Here's the thing about 90% of the posts on Reddit or Facebook (hell, even here from time to time) whenever they say how they pulled on someone, or took someone to Gapplebees, or someone couldn't even keep up...

Usually, the other guy isn't even trying to race...

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Maybe one day we will run into each other on the beltway or @ cecil and get some real world results. I know my APR IS38 tune couldnt hang though.

Was it the same redditor that was claiming he pulled on a RS7? lmao.
Would make so much sense if it was, but sadly it was a different user. I read that review and lol’d, the butt dyno was strong with that one.

I feel I’ve done enough research in Mexico to know exactly what cars I can reasonably match up with from a roll. Anything trapping between 112-116mph 1/4 mile is a good run. Cars trapping up to 119mph I can hang with for a bit, above that I’m getting walked. I’ve technically hung with a few faster cars, but I have no idea why, so I chalk them up to an exception not the norm.

I’ve run a C7 and a CT5-V Blackwing, both obviously walked me - but both times the owners gave me a thumbs up after. Caught the Blackwing owner at the next light and he admitted he was surprised when he actually had to get into it to catch me.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
With the colder weather I’m back to getting the Wooshy boi blow off noises. Seems to not be the case above 75° ambient.

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
@Arin@APR and/or @Tom/APR1

Is the FWD ECU file's boost by gear tuned differently for cars with 6MT, DQ250, and DQ381 trannies?

Everything being equal, the Mk7.5 GTI's 7-speed DSG would make ~40% more wheel torque in 2nd gear than a 6MT, and ~33% more in 3rd gear. In other words I'm asking if BBG makes the most of the 6MT's taller gearing.

Approx. speed at 7000 rpm by gear
(tire: 225/40 R18)
GearMk7 GTI 6MTMk7 DSGMk7.5 6MTMk7.5 DSG
145 mph374337

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i thought the movie was inglorious bastards