GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
MK7 controversial opinion (although, usually popular around these parts) - Humongous carbon fiber intakes don't look good and very out of place, unless you go all in.
All individual taste. Going by sales figures, most like it, but some don't. But mind you this intake will have options.

Like it open - We'll have you covered
Like various CF finishes - We'll have you covered
Like OEM looking plastic - We'll have you covered
Like it inexpensive - We'll have you covered
Like lots of sound - We'll have you covered
Like less sound - We'll have you covered
Like it to be upgradable for bigger turbos - We'll have you covered
Like a full system from end to end - We'll have you covered
Like the biggest thing possible - We'll have you covered
Like having the most flow possible - We'll have you covered
Like some obscure thing that no one wants, but you'll go on a post rampage, throw a fit, and then when we make it, you won't buy it anyways - We'll probably not have you covered

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion
All individual taste. Going by sales figures, most like it, but some don't. But mind you this intake will have options.

Like some obscure thing that no one wants, but you'll go on a post rampage, throw a fit, and then when we make it, you won't buy it anyways - We'll probably not have you covered

So what you're saying is you're not including the air conditioner rerouting to send cold air in to the intake in this one? I should have never gotten my hopes up.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
So what you're saying is you're not including the air conditioner rerouting to send cold air in to the intake in this one? I should have never gotten my hopes up.
Bro... dryer vent + duct tape is literally all you need. Maybe wrap it with some carbon fiber vinyl to complete the look.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Actually hold up can we think about this seriously for a second

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Look up "interchiller". They exist in abundance for high horsepower, forced induction vehicles. It was even a factory option on one of the bonkers Dodge Challenger special editions.

Right, going on memory I think the Demon has one to prevent intercooler heatsoak specifically during staging, and it turns off as soon as the brake is released upon launch. Sounds like we need this bit of kit. APR, whatcha got?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Look up "interchiller". They exist in abundance for high horsepower, forced induction vehicles. It was even a factory option on one of the bonkers Dodge Challenger special editions.
Pretty tight, seems to be designed for water to air intercooler setups.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Subies use to have a button to spray the ic with water... would be a fun mod to try but I think realistically it'd only be useful in certain situations

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Subies use to have a button to spray the ic with water... would be a fun mod to try but I think realistically it'd only be useful in certain situations
Same. I've seen water, nitrous rings and dedicated fans with shrouds on front mounts to keep temps down when sitting in staging lanes. Water was frowned upon cuz they obviously didn't want yer shit dripping at the lights.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Like a reusable dry filter over an oiled one - ??? (based on some conversation we had in the PEX intake thread)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Sounds like APR may have the Golf R at their shop for testing. Fingers crossed they can figure out the fuel pump thing!