GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hi Arin - What's the news on the CARB certification? Any update?

According to a few members here, they're still fighting passing emissions, never mind CARB.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Boost season gifted me 3 mph, but that 12-second 1/4 mile is still laughing in my face… 13.0 @ 116mph? Come on man…

2DD78635-46CE-46CB-9CF4-4BC179CEDAA4.png

5E000366-1329-4CDB-97E6-65FD35D10021.png

Previous 1/4 mile pass on the same stretch in warmer weather for reference:
F9FF6B40-D0EF-441D-BEB3-49513BEF463E.png

It’s supposed to drop to the 50s with low humidity this Friday, hopefully more gains are also in the forecast.

Boloc

Car(s)
20’ GTI
Apologies if you’ve been already asked this, do you have a LSD? Are you on the FWD or AWD file?

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Apologies if you’ve been already asked this, do you have a LSD? Are you on the FWD or AWD file?
No LSD, FWD file.

I’m half joking being surprised I can’t crack 12’s with no LSD. Actually kind of impressed my 60’ launch isn’t worse than it is for being on fully inflated street tires on an unprepped road.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
No LSD, FWD file.

I’m half joking being surprised I can’t crack 12’s with no LSD. Actually kind of impressed my 60’ launch isn’t worse than it is for being on fully inflated street tires on an unprepped road.
FWIW 116mph is 11 second horsepower. What tires are you running?

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
FWIW 116mph is 11 second horsepower. What tires are you running?
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires, 245/40/18.

I was initially hoping for high 12s at +115mph when I ordered the kit based off the provided hp figures, and was pretty bummed when I was only trapping 111mph. Feeling better now to see my trap speed more in line with how quick it feels on the street.

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion
Of all the vehicles I've owned, several being turbo, this car is the most picky about the air temperatures. If it's 79+ it runs like pure ass and anything below 70 it runs like a dream.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Of all the vehicles I've owned, several being turbo, this car is the most picky about the air temperatures. If it's 79+ it runs like pure ass and anything below 70 it runs like a dream.
Maybe I’m in for a surprise this winter.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
For curiosities sake @CarbonDub What do you attribute the 5mph increase in the quarter mile with? Ambient temps play a roll but 5mph is quite a chunk of HP. Unless maybe there's something in the tune that unleashes more of the ponys as temps drop?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Just turning off the AC makes a huge difference. I really don't like how these cars drive with the AC on. It's such a drag on the whole car.
agreed, especially with a SMFW
stock ic?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Here you go, power/trap/ET vs. DA (read - temp). It's unreal....this curve I generated on my wagon is about spot-on w/r to predictability based on temp. Blue is IS20, orange is IS38.

Capture.JPG

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Here you go, power/trap/ET vs. DA (read - temp). It's unreal....this curve I generated on my wagon is about spot-on w/r to predictability based on temp. Blue is IS20, orange is IS38.

View attachment 260690
First graph implies that the WHP loss per temp/DA is exaggerated as you increase turbo size, right?