riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
yes, its gotta be

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
This is on the new motor?
Yes, it has happened twice. Speculation until I can log it, that’s why I asked if anyone else had also experienced this with the DTR kit/tune and TCU tune (preferably someone who was able to log it).

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yes, it has happened twice. Speculation until I can log it, that’s why I asked if anyone else had also experienced this with the DTR kit/tune and TCU tune (preferably someone who was able to log it).
So buy a dongle and if you have an android device lying around that is android 9 or newer you can use that. jose_gti did and logged his DTR but he is a MK7.5.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
"Unforeseen boxcodes"
hey actually, could his new engine (is it the same ecu) need to be on a different boxcode tune? or am i just pissing in the wind here?

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
"Unforeseen boxcodes"
1662743756313.png

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Man, at some point i'd think it makes sense to just buy a Cobb AP and get a real tune. That dip looks serious, I'm very surprised there are no codes and it didn't go into limp mode. Why risk your second engine on this tune...

Do you have an OBDII scanner to pull codes?
And yet some report a similar dip when the mpi kicks on from a momentary drop in rail pressure. Wondering if something similar is happening here

scrllock

Autocross Champion
And yet some report a similar dip when the mpi kicks on from a momentary drop in rail pressure. Wondering if something similar is happening here
yeah, it sounds like a fuel cut like you get with a failing HPFP. or a bad coil pack. but without codes or troubleshooting who knows