GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
I think that's the root of the confusion. APR has said that have an IS38 tune with the stock downpipe, so I assumed that's what's on their website since it's the only IS38 tune shown. But based on his latest reply, "exhaust system" almost surely means aftermarket dp as other folks initially suggested and the stock dp tune isn't listed.
Yeah I only found info on the IS38 stock DP tune on the APR EU site.

5425C1DA-4971-4FA9-8217-1FEA1C811D08.png

ucfquattroguy

Go Kart Newbie
Since IS38 would be where I'd go if my IS20 popped... My question would be if the OE Downpipe IS38 GTI files were part of the large updates rolled out sometime in 2019. On Stage 1, it was a significant improvement in drivability and torque delivery.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
update for my emissions stuff.

apr did send me some obd dongles but hasn't directed me to do anything with them yet lol.

they had me re-reset my emissions readiness monitors which i did.

for now, it seems my car is reading ready on the catalytic converter. its odd to me that i got it to set before but it fell out of readiness somehow. but for now its good.

maybe the dongles are for if /when APR figures out the fueling thing.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
So I am experiencing occasional power loss at WOT in DSG sport-auto mode. I’m reading others have experienced this in the past, but the cause still seemed to be speculative - some said APR’s DSG tune, others the torque limiter, fuel cut, or even the ECU tune itself.

I can’t pinpoint the exact conditions to replicate the issue consistently, but it seems to happen intermittently at high speed (+115mph) WOT in 4th gear. Car is pulling, then hits a “wall” and stops accelerating, not an aggressive jolt, but a cut of power - feels like an electronic governor of some kind. ESC is off, no EPC light.

Anyone else with the DTR tune experiencing this so far?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
So I am experiencing occasional power loss at WOT in DSG sport-auto mode. I’m reading others have experienced this in the past, but the cause still seemed to be speculative - some said APR’s DSG tune, others the torque limiter, fuel cut, or even the ECU tune itself.

I can’t pinpoint the exact conditions to replicate the issue consistently, but it seems to happen intermittently at high speed (+115mph) WOT in 4th gear. Car is pulling, then hits a “wall” and stops accelerating, not an aggressive jolt, but a cut of power - feels like an electronic governor of some kind. ESC is off, no EPC light.

Can you log it somehow?

scrllock

Autocross Champion

Have you scanned for codes? You won't always get an EPC for a fuel cut, for example, but it should set a DTC.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Can you log it somehow?
Does Dragy count? I think this was one of the instances, acceleration in 4th just bogged.

Power loss, dip in speed:
8555FE8F-EE58-465B-A935-6C2D668FBE20.png

Typical speed curve at shift:
7DF2AC1F-25B6-44C9-8296-FF34037128E1.jpeg

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Have you scanned for codes? You won't always get an EPC for a fuel cut, for example, but it should set a DTC.
I’ll check OBDeleven, I haven’t cleared anything yet.