GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Been a while since I posted here.. Picked up a new toy from the side of the road. 07 Ducati Monster S2R. Love it so far.
1660566032967.jpeg

@CarbonDub How has it been running with the new motor? Have you been pretty happy with it so far?

My inspection will be due at the end of the month.. I'll let you guys know if I can get it to pass. I'll have to revisit the car because I can't remember if I got my monitors to ready or not.

Full disclosure, I haven't been driving the R much because it's slow as turds when its warm out as part of that issue I pointed out at the track a while back. APR has never reached out to me to try and work on it so it's just been sitting. Waiting for boost weather for it to be enjoyable again.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
damn, mid 13's 1/4 wow

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
My inspection will be due at the end of the month.. I'll let you guys know if I can get it to pass. I'll have to revisit the car because I can't remember if I got my monitors to ready or not.
damn, mid 13's 1/4 wow
Both of you have had readiness issues, right? Curious if there's a common denominator with your cars. Any word from APR on this? I don't recall seeing anything in the past 50 pages or so haha.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
But traps 114mph?

Does that actually make any sense...?
Yeah thats more of a mid 11's trap. how much were you spinning OP

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Been a while since I posted here.. Picked up a new toy from the side of the road. 07 Ducati Monster S2R. Love it so far.
View attachment 258172

@CarbonDub How has it been running with the new motor? Have you been pretty happy with it so far?

Full disclosure, I haven't been driving the R much because it's slow as turds when its warm out as part of that issue I pointed out at the track a while back. APR has never reached out to me to try and work on it so it's just been sitting. Waiting for boost weather for it to be enjoyable again.
@Arin@APR Could you get a support ticket going for him?

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
@Arin@APR Could you get a support ticket going for him?
I opened a support ticket a couple months ago (June 1st). I had someone reach out to me a week later and say they would check the calibration if they found anything wrong. Haven't really heard back which I get it, they're busy and maybe they didn't find anything. I also think I briefly had a back and forth with Arin on the thread and he mentioned that you wouldn't really get full performance with IAT's over 100F which makes sense, hence why the intercooler is so important with this kit. I just wanted some clarification over this.. because I have an upgraded intercooler and yet the car still seems quite doggy with higher IAT's(but not crazy), and I'm not the only one that's noticed this with the DTR.

I also have proof of the performance inconsistency. On the street with draggy, with IAT's around 80F the car runs a 7.39 @ 95mph. On the track my best was a 7.64 @ 91mph with IAT's around 100F. That's a big difference.

But It is what it is, not a burning issue. Over the winter I'm planning on adding water meth to try and address that issue. I'm more worried about the emissions testing at this point.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Yeah thats more of a mid 11's trap. how much were you spinning OP
Running 245/45/18 Michelin PS4S summer tires (not all seasons). My car is a loaded SE, non-PP, but with the PP brakes. So basically all of the weight and none of the traction 🥲

Spins pretty bad off the line even with the FWD file. Average on the street is 2.45 60’ and a 5.45 0-60mph on fully inflated tires. I hit 2.3 60’ at the track, but that was with the AWD file and also on fully inflated tires.

With the FWD file, no roof rack, and tires down to 20 psi, I should be able to solidly hit high 12s 1/4 mile at the track. Still not in line with a 113.87 mph trap, but not freakin 13s.

Not to overstate the obvious but the performance I experience on the street from a roll is drastically different from my track times - I am keeping pace/pulling on cars that are well over a second faster in the 1/4.

Edit: Replacement engine is fine, no issues to report, but no noticeable performance increase from before either.

I’m super salty though that IE is replacing a customer’s blown block for their faulty RAL file, while APR did fuck-all but ‘thoughts and prayers’ for my situation... I always thought IE was cut-rate when it came to customer service, guess sometimes big companies do step up and do the right thing.

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Running 245/45/18 Michelin PS4S summer tires (not all seasons). My car is a loaded SE, non-PP, but with the PP brakes. So basically all of the weight and none of the traction 🥲

Spins pretty bad off the line even with the FWD file. Average on the street is 2.45 60’ and a 5.45 0-60mph on fully inflated tires. I hit 2.3 60’ at the track, but that was with the AWD file and also on fully inflated tires.

With the FWD file, no roof rack, and tires down to 20 psi, I should be able to solidly hit high 12s 1/4 mile at the track. Still not in line with a 113.87 mph trap, but not freakin 13s.

Not to overstate the obvious but the performance I experience on the street from a roll is drastically different from my track times - I am keeping pace/pulling on cars that are well over a second faster in the 1/4.
It's all about the street.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG

Edit: Replacement engine is fine, no issues to report, but no noticeable performance increase from before either.

I’m super salty though that IE is replacing a customer’s blown block for their faulty RAL file, while APR did fuck-all but ‘thoughts and prayers’ for my situation... I always thought IE was cut-rate when it came to customer service, guess sometimes big companies do step up and do the right thing.
This is right inline with my experience - from a dig it’s about on par with Stage 1. From a roll it’s party time.
D6E66395-9F0C-4E73-A410-E9F5E89212D5.png