GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Yeah my car still wont set readiness. Just gotta find time to drop it off at my local APR dealer for diag.
It's been so many pages now that I'm lost, lol. Has APR addressed this issue yet?

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Yeah my car still wont set readiness. Just gotta find time to drop it off at my local APR dealer for diag.
Yeah something is amiss with your car. Between that and the slow times maybe there is something weird going on with the car.

Could be the 6054 kit or there could be something else wrong with the car.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
More than likely an issue with his original box code and whatever boxcode his DTR file was built on. Something was modified or is no longer at the correct address.
Maybe they should look into mail forwarding.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Here are some underwhelming Dragy slips for y’all. Uphill or downhill doesn’t matter, consistently low-13’s @ 111mph.

Occasional breakout to 113mph, but almost always when there’s a bit of downhill, so it doesn’t really count in my mind even if Dragy says it’s “valid”. Not sure how others are trapping around 115… how much additional drag does a roof rack and faring add at +100mph? :LOL:

As for my hot take on the FWD file: Not significantly faster than the AWD on my car. For those claiming boost by gear would be some kind of magical panacea in the 1/4 mile when you have an open differential - it’s not. With my setup it’s basically the same wheelspin, 60’, ET and trap speed as with the AWD file.

That said, the car is definitely good for high-12s if I can ever find enough traction for at least a 2.2 60’.

C7C1083C-FE33-4F36-943A-00971F9D19F2.png

2714CEFC-ED56-44D4-AC8A-4E1F5BCBF133.png

25924CB9-52F2-45CC-B0B1-D709514E1B11.png

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Here are some underwhelming Dragy slips for y’all. Uphill or downhill doesn’t matter, consistently low-13’s @ 111mph.

Occasional breakout to 113mph, but almost always when there’s a bit of downhill, so it doesn’t really count in my mind even if Dragy says it’s “valid”. Not sure how others are trapping around 115… how much additional drag does a roof rack and faring add at +100mph? :LOL:

As for my hot take on the FWD file: Not significantly faster than the AWD on my car. For those claiming boost by gear would be some kind of magical panacea in the 1/4 mile when you have an open differential - it’s not. With my setup it’s basically the same wheelspin, 60’, ET and trap speed as with the AWD file.

That said, the car is definitely good for high-12s if I can ever find enough traction for at least a 2.2 60’.

View attachment 255888
View attachment 255889
View attachment 255890
Theoretically 113mph is enuf to run a 12 flat in the quarter.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Theoretically 113mph is enuf to run a 12 flat in the quarter.
Sounds right to me - my best 1/4 on my Sportwagen was 12.1 @ 113.4.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
dead thread is now motorcycle thread... i saw a Svartpilen 401 scrambler on the road yesterday and it's been calling my name ever since

View attachment 255900
Love the cafe racer style. I decided I shouldn't own bikes anymore after 70 started to feel like 30 on the R6 but everytime I see a picture of the Norton V4CR I think about making bad decisions again.....

1658416982146.png

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Love the cafe racer style. I decided I shouldn't own bikes anymore after 70 started to feel like 30 on the R6 but everytime I see a picture of the Norton V4CR I think about making bad decisions again.....
Motorcycle thread is better.

My dad is 68 years old, has an R3, and absolutely loves it.

I have never ridden on the street because it seems terrifying, but I just got a new bike this past year.