GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Thought we were gonna see some runs? Lame.
I didn’t have a chance to get out last night to get some more. Hoping I get some this weekend, but holiday weekend seems like bad ideas ‘round here (my run roads are typically tourist central).

Still waiting for the dynamic deep dish duo to bless us with some data.

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Sorry been absent from this thread for a bit.. took my car to Watkins Glen. It performed great. The power band was really smooth and predictable throughout the corners especially.

The only issue I had was a bit of blue smoke puff clouds every once in a while (thanks stock pcv) but other then that it moved out great. I cannonballed from buffalo to track to make it in time for the deadline they had that day. So drove hard 2 hours, then got right on the track and drove even harder. After it was all said and done, drove back home. Very pleased. It was a 93 degree day too. IATs were in the +110s F most of the day lol. Never beat on the car that hard before, it took it like it was just another day in the office.

D247A3E4-A464-42B3-854D-77CAB1CBADC8.jpeg

DF69CAD1-3152-4CCE-B96F-C7335F0F3F89.jpeg

E1369D36-2F3A-447D-B87D-6A79C3B943C7.jpeg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
thats great to hear dude! sure you took some video for it?

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
Can you say you trust it? I still haven’t installed mine…….
He has been to the drag strip at least twice I believe, multiple launches, and then just drove to and  from a track day. I don't know Patrykd07, but I feel like he's not too worried about it. If you're going to worry about these things every time you get in the car it's going to be hard to really enjoy it. That's my take anyway. Install it, drive the hell out of it, shit happens

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
He has been to the drag strip at least twice I believe, multiple launches, and then just drove to and  from a track day. I don't know Patrykd07, but I feel like he's not too worried about it. If you're going to worry about these things every time you get in the car it's going to be hard to really enjoy it. That's my take anyway. Install it, drive the hell out of it, shit happens
Buy it from FCP EURO and monitor your car.... like with everything else.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I was trying the new Simos data log, I did a third gear pull and started raining of course... One thing I noticed were the IAT's being around 47C (116F) during pull which I think it's a problem I need to solve... Other than that I think it looks ok. I have yet to do a 4th gear pull.
https://datazap.me/u/josegti/third-gear-pull?log=0&data=6-13
Yeah, and... Turbo air temperatures of 200C (400F) it's that normal?
I just noticed, vehicle speed from 20km/h to 40km/h (12mp/h to 24mp/h) That has to be a fluke I haven't done any 1st or 2nd gear pull -.-?

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I was trying the new Simos data log, I did a third gear pull and started raining of course... One thing I noticed were the IAT's being around 47C (116F) during pull which I think it's a problem I need to solve... Other than that I think it looks ok. I have yet to do a 4th gear pull.
https://datazap.me/u/josegti/third-gear-pull?log=0&data=6-13
Yeah, and... Turbo air temperatures of 200C (400F) it's that normal?
What was the ambient?