GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Old people like me, but I also downshift frequently in D with the paddles. I also do go back and forth into Sport depending on on traffic.
Adding a BMS pedal tuner has made D ok most of the time around town for me but on a different car/tune etc. Still, D is pretty decent now.

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
It's not so much about downshifting with the paddles from time to time, which I do. Just lugging along in 6th at 40mph and ~1500rpms the car feels sluggish. Tapping down to 5th at the same speed, bumps up 400/500 rpms and feels better without being too aggressive. I just think there is room for improvement in that respect to the TCU tune as well as the holding high gears too long while slowing down. This is my constructive criticism.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
It's not so much about downshifting with the paddles from time to time, which I do. Just lugging along in 6th at 40mph and ~1500rpms the car feels sluggish. Tapping down to 5th at the same speed, bumps up 400/500 rpms and feels better without being too aggressive. I just think there is room for improvement in that respect to the TCU tune as well as the holding high gears too long while slowing down. This is my constructive criticism.
100% agreed. It races to 6th wayyyy too fast.

audia3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Audi A3 2.0T
Got my errors fixed (disconnected the negative battery terminal which did the trick). I got the v1.3 today and upped my launch to 3500 RPM.

However, none of that improved my 0-60...in fact it is now 0.2 seconds slower! Almost identical outside temperatures, DA, and other conditions as my last 0-60. For an AWD car with 400whp, this should be in the 3's. Full boost read about 27.6psi according to my OBD11. Car shifting from 1->2 at 6400 and from 2->3 at 6900.

I think my next step is getting to a dyno / 1/4 mile run for more data points. Not super impressed at this point.

Screenshot_20220607-200520.png

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Got my errors fixed (disconnected the negative battery terminal which did the trick). I got the v1.3 today and upped my launch to 3500 RPM.

However, none of that improved my 0-60...in fact it is now 0.2 seconds slower! Almost identical outside temperatures, DA, and other conditions as my last 0-60. For an AWD car with 400whp, this should be in the 3's. Full boost read about 27.6psi according to my OBD11. Car shifting from 1->2 at 6400 and from 2->3 at 6900.

I think my next step is getting to a dyno / 1/4 mile run for more data points. Not super impressed at this point.

View attachment 251749
Are you sure you aren't having some sort of traction related issue on launch? That 0-10 time is all sorts of slow. You can actually see the slope of the line change after it gets moving. 0-10 should be some of the hardest acceleration you see in an AWD car. Maybe it needs a higher rpm launch to avoid falling below the boost onset rpm?

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
It looks like the car isn't launching as hard which is weird since your RPM is raised to 3500. The 0-10 time seems higher. What was your launch rpm before?

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3

View attachment 251749
What is "charge pressure actual" vs "charge pressure specified" on OBD11. Also, pretty sure you need to subtract atmospheric pressure (14.7) from what OBD11 shows. Is the 27.6 after subtracting atmospheric pressure? If not, you may have a large boost leak.

Zhars

Passed Driver's Ed

View attachment 251749
Yeah the entire 0-30 time is really slow! 30-60 is better. Something is messed up with the LC. Can you post your 60ft if you run it up to 1/8.

audia3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Audi A3 2.0T
I really appreciate all of feedback! My launch today was at 3500 and before was at 3000. Tires are not spinning, but it feels like a truck until it picks up speed as shown by the 0-10).

I'll try to do another OBD11 log tomorrow to track boost. Should I be looking at "charge pressure actual" or "charge pressure specified"?

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Also, just a tip, I would verify with your OBD11 you have no soft codes saved. Especially after removing the terminal on the battery. Soft codes (depending which ones) can limit power for safety reasons.