GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
keep the IEv2
I was gonna say something. But I feel it’s too early to fuck with u. Plz let me know when an hour after your first coffee goes by. We can spar using three to four word sentences then. I will out diggs the diggs

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Did apr cover the flash or at least offset some of those fees? If u don’t mind me asking?
I paid nothing out of pocket, just handed me the keys back and good to go!

AeroRick08

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R - Manual
I paid nothing out of pocket, just handed me the keys back and good to go!
Same here, all covered by APR. I had to make a second trip to the shop to get it flashed because my box code file wasn't built yet, so this kind of assurance is much appreciated when labor time could add up quick with early adopters.

ALSO for those doing the install themselves, not to turn this into a DIY thread but the wastegate calibration can be trouble if you don't do it before install with a 5V source. Once I got myself a good pivoting/extending inspection mirror, the right lighting, and a tiny 5mm wrench, getting to the square on the rod was relatively easy between the turbo brace and drain line. Just took a few turns and a couple tightening down attempts to get it to settle where I wanted it, around 3.75V

Oh and I tied strings to the end of my wrenches so when I end up dropping it, I don't have to pray I'll locate it like a couple bolts probably still rolling around my subframe... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Currently have covid and skipping roughly 19 pages since last time. Whats the TLDR about the new tune revisions?
They’re free (even labor), it’s ECU for IS20 platforms only, but TCU for 7-speed DSG platforms only (double check me on that), and I’ve had no time to test it because it was stop and go traffic all the way home.

I’ll be at the track to test it out and will post some 1/4 mile slips later tonight. That’s all I’ve got.

Zhars

Passed Driver's Ed
Pretty much identical..
View attachment 251184

I really don't think I'm crazy and there's definitely something weird going on. A stage 1 car according to their dyno graph on 93 has around 340whp. So if I'm running times and traps equivalent to that.. is it really killing almost 60whp up top if my IAT's are slightly higher? Hopefully with some dragy data and actual logs APR can help me sort it out, and benefit everyone.
That's roughly what stock RS3 do in 1/8. Think they dyno around 375

AeroRick08

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R - Manual
That's roughly what stock RS3 do in 1/8. Think they dyno around 375

Same as stock RS3??? Now that's slightly depressing. I mean I get that we're talking 2.5 I5 vs 2.0 V4, but I recall Stage 1 R pretty much going head to head in youtube vids... then again how does the 1/4 look vs RS3.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
First pass, not impressed - especially not the trap speed. Nowhere near 115 where I expected (at minimum) 😐

5B1FAB63-ADD6-4A18-9D1C-92D482967124.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
🍿