GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Correction

Earlier I may have said people would be receiving a call about updated Golf R/S3/TTS software. I think I doubled that up. The R software was already pushed live, only applied to the kits with fueling, and the calls should have been made already. Don't expect a second call. We don't have two updates for it - just the first update.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
In Miami sunoco’s had 100 octane

little by little they stopped carrying it. Last one was in Hialeah. Not sure if they still carry 100 octane there

lots of folks were tuned and extremely reliant on these stations

tigeo

Autocross Champion
94: I'm not sure I've heard good things about it from other tuners. I seem to recall many saying it didn't have any ethanol in it, and fair worse than 93 with up to 10% E.

Side note, we use to have it when I was back in college. Sunoco would carry it. 87, 89, 93, and 94. They later replaced 94 with 93 and added 91 on the pumps with 4 slots.
I remember the Sunoco 94 in the '90s...old school!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
94: I'm not sure I've heard good things about it from other tuners.

Canadian 94 varies a lot. The ethanol free 94 out in western Canada tunes more like E10 91. The E10 94 in Ontario (which this was) typically takes a couple degrees more timing than E10 93 in the US. The 420whp pull was with 9.x* of timing and 30-31psi. It did not make more power above that boost level and was knock limited to that timing. This is an unknown dyno, so keep that in mind also. We don't have a frame of reference for these #s.

With 1000cc of WMI on top it was not knock limited, so the gasoline's knock resistance really becomes a moot point on the WMI tune. MBT on this particular car was 16*.

I'm tuning one with MPI and E85 shortly. It's scheduled for a street tune, but he's local to me so I may reach out and see if he wants to do it on a known dyno. The customer has lofty goals and full supporting mods so i'll squeeze it for all it's worth. We want the most for the customer, it doesn't matter what hardware is involved.

Matt @ EQT (still don't have my acct sorted out)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Canadian 94 varies a lot. The ethanol free 94 out in western Canada tunes more like E10 91. The E10 94 in Ontario (which this was) typically takes a couple degrees more timing than E10 93 in the US.
Just checked my Bowmanville Ontario Petro94 with a manual tester, and it indeed is 10% (maybe 10.5... margin of error). Mixing 2.5 gallons of E98 when I top up a tank with 94 has resulted in a pretty spicy bit of extra power, even on just a jb4 only car.

I've always run Sunoco (during my early tdi days) and Petro during summer, and Shell e0 91 in the winter.

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Yeah. For me in ca I always wanted more than stage 1 but with cops popping hoods and smog that requires eo numbers I never considered a down pipe.
Lived in CA my whole lif never had a cop pop my hood or anyone else I know either. Is that how they roll in Sac?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Lived in CA my whole lif never had a cop pop my hood or anyone else I know either. Is that how they roll in Sac?
There’s a lot of discrimination. Like, if your car has a hood scoop. Or if it’s a mustang or some such. You’ll get your hood popped more often

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
What turbo are you running again in your wagon?
Wagon? Come on bro... What did I ever do to you; I've been nothing but nice, asking others to get you to come back, and this is how you treat me? I have a 6MT GTI, I upgraded the turbo to an HPA FR450, Autotech HPFP and PR Stage 3 LPFP, from @Acadia18 , which alone is like an extra 30HP cause he had it before, and then I have the crazy Serb driver mod as well.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Wagon? Come on bro... What did I ever do to you; I've been nothing but nice, asking others to get you to come back, and this is how you treat me? I have a 6MT GTI, I upgraded the turbo to an HPA FR450, Autotech HPFP and PR Stage 3 LPFP, from @Acadia18 , which alone is like an extra 30HP cause he had it before, and then I have the crazy Serb driver mod as well.
Oooh damn you’re right. I’m so sorry man. Didn’t mean to confuse u for daddogwagon. My bad.

how’s the fr450 in daily day to day traffic? One thing I like about the is20 is it’s peppiness. She accelerates like a crack head in normal traffic when I need her too. I would hate to lose that

I was super pumped about the dtr till I saw Apr’s dyno. I disliked 2 things

it’s more tq than I care for. And it looks like she will lag a wee bit, enough to make it feel like a stock turbo sti during my daily drive.

edit: to be clear. I’m impressed with what apr achieved. It’s amazing! Just personally, not for me

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Oooh damn you’re right. I’m so sorry man. Didn’t mean to confuse u for daddogwagon. My bad.

how’s the fr450 in daily day to day traffic? One thing I like about the is20 is it’s peppiness. She accelerates like a crack head in normal traffic when I need her too. I would hate to lose that

I was super pumped about the dtr till I saw Apr’s dyno. I disliked 2 things

it’s more tq than I care for. And it looks like she will lag a wee bit, enough to make it feel like a stock turbo sti during my daily drive.

edit: to be clear. I’m impressed with what apr achieved. It’s amazing! Just personally, not for me
It's better in every way. Spools early,gobs of power, holds hard until 7200, sounds wicked... Can't say a bad thing about it. Sure there's bigger options out there, but for a daily, this thing is perfect. Love the torque curve. My limiting factor is my rubber now, so that's something I need to uograde for next season. I'm running indy 500s and it's no Bueno.