GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
@Arin@APR question for you. Do you have to have a Dtr6054 installed to be able to update to the dsg file for it? Or someone like me who has a eqt vortex xl but running aprs is38 dsg file can I update my dsg file to the Dtr6054 dsg file without having a Dtr installed? Also will the update still be free or do I have to pay for it?

Tolga-R

Car(s)
2017 Audi S3
Curious about on how you are planning on reaching 500 (w?)hp with the DTR6054, and why? Platform (GTI/R), upgraded fueling, race gas, custom tune, aftermarket DP?
When my target is 500 hp, my main target is 100-200 7 sec. They have 500-520 hp at the crank in Europe. And running 7 sec with 54 mm is38 hybrids.

As I wrote before, I think the dtr6054 is very similar to the g25-550. The DTR is ball bearing, good price , and Apr quaility.
I believe this turbo will have 500 hp with a different software.

My car
s3 facelift 310 hp model with oem mpi
dq381
Apr intake
Apr intercooler
Apr Downpipe
Apr coil packs
Supersprint catback
Autotech hpfp ( not fitted waiting turbo )

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
OEM MPI...

(Ps this is from a great American tv show called the Simpsons)

1652909448626.gif

Nhjosh182

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Volkswagen GTI
So here’s a daily driving fun fact if anyones interested in that: I just hit 300 miles on a tank of gas until I got the 40 miles left warning. Now this is real daily driving, not just trying to get the best gas mileage. I drive 50 miles a day on the highway between 70-95mph, a few times more and getting on the car to feel the new turbo. About 20 miles a day driving through town and hitting stop lights and revving the car out a bit.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
so you're getting about 25-26mpg? (~340miles / 13.2 fuel tank capacity) if so, not bad. i think i'm getting only a scoche over 20

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
B025CA77-751C-4989-A286-343100D9BD3E.jpeg

I didn’t post about it because I don’t think many people care, but I’m also getting some pretty solid mileage on my R with the DTR. This was from driving around getting on it a few times here. Reset the trip on fill up so in 84 miles I averaged 30.4mpg. No highway driving just town and back roads.

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
View attachment 249613
I didn’t post about it because I don’t think many people care, but I’m also getting some pretty solid mileage on my R with the DTR. This was from driving around getting on it a few times here. Reset the trip on fill up so in 84 miles I averaged 30.4mpg. No highway driving just town and back roads.
Definitely something to be happy about especially with these current gas prices.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
The avg consumption lies. Its dieselgate all over again. Divide your miles driven on the tank by the gallons you out in for real world #s!

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Not to act like a jerk but...this is one of those cases of laziness...just look through their site dude.

Yes, they ship international
Well many places do not ship international. Oh well I’m not the one ordering and personally couldn’t care less since they will be who I order from in the us.

Tom/APR1

Ready to race!
The avg consumption lies. Its dieselgate all over again. Divide your miles driven on the tank by the gallons you out in for real world #s!

I drove to/from Atlanta today, with about ~230miles on the interstate. I'm a really aggressive driver, and on the interstate averaged today about 90, and ranged between 78 and 100, depending on traffic. I got 292 miles out of 11.6 gallons, so 25.1mpg, which is about average for me with mostly interstate driving. My best MPG (w/o the DTR - Stage 2) actually occurred with about a 96mph average, which I got right at 27mpg. I guess that must be a "sweet spot" for the car... If I set the cruise (again, w/o the DTR) at 84ish, I get about 25.5 - 26ish. Around town, w/ or w/o the DTR, I usually get 19.5-20ish.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
@Arin@APR question for you. Do you have to have a Dtr6054 installed to be able to update to the dsg file for it? Or someone like me who has a eqt vortex xl but running aprs is38 dsg file can I update my dsg file to the Dtr6054 dsg file without having a Dtr installed? Also will the update still be free or do I have to pay for it?
Anyone can buy any DSG stage we offer. If you run a competitors tune / competitors turbo kit, and want our DTR/EFR shift maps, have at it.

All DSG files are the same price. There's no charge to go from one version to another.

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Arin, since I have the HPFP and LPFP kit. If I want to add the MPI component to go full e85, can I simply get this kit and I'm good to go? Is the updated MPI tune included with the MPI kit?
https://www.goapr.com/products/engine_hardware/fuel/fueling_systems/parts/MS100229

I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. And I assume it's the same for anyone with turbo only kits? Where people can upgrade fueling after the fact if they so choose down the line?
Not saying I'm doing it right away, but once I save some funds up, I'd like to.