GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Update

Just on a personal note, I'll be out of the office eventually (We're having another baby). But don't fret. If I'm gone when the update comes, the support team is likely going to take care of just calling each person and dealer that has flashed software. That way you'll get the update details directly from them, and we'll have all communication with the dealer fleshed out so there's no worries about getting charged for labor.

Looking very much so like we'll also have some European support shortly too!
Congratulations on your new baby Erin!

AeroRick08

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R - Manual
Thank you so much for the review! I do want to touch on this: This is a big no-no. The MAP sensor is actually a TMAP sensor, so it reads temperature too. Boost taps that pull that sensor out of the manifold further will cause errors in the readings. I'd suggest anyone running one that does that to ditch it and go with another solution.
I'm catching up on being away most of this week, huge props to @Patrykd07 on this review too, extremely helpful. Now time to read 10 more pages...

So I assume ANY MAP sensor spacer (like the Neuspeed one I just installed for $60 :rolleyes: https://neuspeed.com/products/neuspeed-boost-tap-491096) adversely affects IAT readings???? Are you guys reading IAT from OBD? I'll check my OBDeleven if so...

Any issue with using a nylon t-fitting with one of the hoses?

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Update

Just on a personal note, I'll be out of the office eventually (We're having another baby). But don't fret. If I'm gone when the update comes, the support team is likely going to take care of just calling each person and dealer that has flashed software. That way you'll get the update details directly from them, and we'll have all communication with the dealer fleshed out so there's no worries about getting charged for labor.

Congratulations!

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
So I assume ANY MAP sensor spacer (like the Neuspeed one I just installed for $60 :rolleyes: https://neuspeed.com/products/neuspeed-boost-tap-491096) adversely affects IAT readings???? Are you guys reading IAT from OBD? I'll check my OBDeleven if so...
Almost surely. Any OBD app with a dongle will give you basic IAT readings. OBD11 will have it. But you won’t necessarily know anything is wrong without an independent sensor to measure “true” IAT. A good hint would be if your temps don’t dramatically drop when you go WOT.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I'm catching up on being away most of this week, huge props to @Patrykd07 on this review too, extremely helpful. Now time to read 10 more pages...

yeah, the nuespeed design is going to adversely affect IAT reading more that others too since the step design move the prob even more.

get the APR, PR , or a2b offering

A2B Motorsport MQB 2.0T Boost Tap

EA888.3 Intake Manifold Boost Tap Kit (precisionraceworks.com)

Audi VW Boost Tap Kit - APR MS100101 | FCP Euro

Yes nylon is fine - I've got one on my boost line for my meth controller and its help up for last 2 years with no signs of premature wear.

AeroRick08

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R - Manual
My IC has not been installed, it's been on backorder and it just showed up yesterday. Just haven't had time to put it on yet, but I'm sure that'll feel even better.
Did you order the stock location MQB one from ECS by chance? They jerked me around with shipping estimates for a month after telling me it was in stock and ready to go 3 times, I had to push like crazy to get it out the door. Not to mention missing the clip/foam hardware that was supposed to be included (just made my own set screws). Fitment was ok but instructions lacking, it worked out though.

martinm0

Update

C'mon baby Turbski! If you can get the initials to work out to DTR, I'll buy all the turbo kits!! (I know this is impossible unless you change your last name hahaha).

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Update

Congratulations!!!

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Update

Congrats!

Nhjosh182

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Volkswagen GTI
Did you order the stock location MQB one from ECS by chance? They jerked me around with shipping estimates for a month after telling me it was in stock and ready to go 3 times, I had to push like crazy to get it out the door. Not to mention missing the clip/foam hardware that was supposed to be included (just made my own set screws). Fitment was ok but instructions lacking, it worked out though.
I actually ordered the ECS front mount, it was in stock, then it wasn't in stock, and then I got emails every week on the ETA date that they are having unexpected difficulties getting this part. I ended up just ordering the Neuspeed FMIC. Still waiting on ECS to confirm cancellation, but it is what it is. I work in parts so I'm used to this stuff.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

Anything that pulls the sensor out of the stream will affect the readings from the T-map sensor unfortunately.

Here is another solution: https://www.goapr.com/products/engine_hardware/boost_taps/parts/MS100101

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Congrats Arin! A baby turbo :)

Welp got the ECU flash. Its a hot day so im not gonna compare how its performing, but feels about the same. Notably, when i went in i had the shop check my emissions readiness (prior to the flash) and they found that the wastegate actuator voltage was low. The tune flash seemed to fix it lol.

Heres the car at GRDtuned, all good guys here.
20220513_132855.jpg

Got a pic next to their badass shop car
20220513_133011.jpg

And for the kid whos so concerned about the turbo whistle, here is a 'cruising around at various throttle inputs' video i took for ya. Open intake with metal pipe.

Did take a pull anways but its 90* out lol so the stock intercooler is definitely hurtin for a squirtin

sirnerdington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI S w/DSG
Update

Congrats Arin!!