Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Just in time for tax returns 🤔

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Just in time for tax returns 🤔
Just do it. All these dudes that are like oooh I'm tempted. Whatever. You didn't spend your money.

I feel like I put a ring on a fat chick with lavish spending habits that will most likely have a headache all the time. Oh and she's also loud and smells from time to time. And now, my crush from high-school, who's hot, rich, fit, sexy, into sports, acdc and hard techno came into town and is all over me. She's also like: oh hey Dave, I have these anal beads, why don't you get over here and start me up like a lawnmower.

So shut up you guys and buy the turbo. Assholes.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Order placed. Thanks daks

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just do it. All these dudes that are like oooh I'm tempted. Whatever. You didn't spend your money.

I feel like I put a ring on a fat chick with lavish spending habits that will most likely have a headache all the time. Oh and she's also loud and smells from time to time. And now, my crush from high-school, who's hot, rich, fit, sexy, into sports, acdc and hard techno came into town and is all over me. She's also like: oh hey Dave, I have these anal beads, why don't you get over here and start me up like a lawnmower.

Don't fret it. Your setup will be better in the end. These kits sacrifice performance for a lower price and emissions compliance. They're fantastic for what they are and the price. And at the GTI level, I think they completely blow the IS38 option out of the water, if you're willing to jump into the APR software ecosystem. Like why would you spend $1,000 on an IS38, $700 on an Accessport, and $300 on an OTS IS38 tune, when you can get the base model of this for $1,500, and have more power? On the flip side, if you're willing to spend the money on a larger hybrid with a custom tune and fueling upgrades (which is what you did), you'll still come out on top.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

85E153F7-C2B9-41EE-8DCB-F92F74B8D931.gif

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Don't fret it. Your setup will be better in the end. These kits sacrifice performance for a lower price and emissions compliance. They're fantastic for what they are and the price. And at the GTI level, I think they completely blow the IS38 option out of the water, if you're willing to jump into the APR software ecosystem. Like why would you spend $1,000 on an IS38, $700 on an Accessport, and $300 on an OTS IS38 tune, when you can get the base model of this for $1,500, and have more power? On the flip side, if you're willing to spend the money on a larger hybrid with a custom tune and fueling upgrades (which is what you did), you'll still come out on top.
Nah, not fretting. But if you look at the turbo itself, it's still a great deal. You get a ball bearing turbo, less the actuator for 1500. I understand that the tune is a good way to get customers to aprs dealer network to pay for installs. Win win. Great business model.

I am only aware of tpc having a ball bearing unit. With Jim being the only guy that has it, but he's yet to drop it in.

And I'm not sure my hybrid is larger to tell you the truth. I was looking at the graphs and on the stock fueling tune the torque curves are identical; same with the hp curve. I ended up getting the Fr450 for 1700ish during black Friday, but that included a wg actuator, diverter valve, tip, silicone hose.and install kit. Oh and free shipping, and you know how dear that is to me living in the igloo.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Nah, not fretting. But if you look at the turbo itself, it's still a great deal. You get a ball bearing turbo, less the actuator for 1500. I understand that the tune is a good way to get customers to aprs dealer network to pay for installs. Win win. Great business model.

I am only aware of tpc having a ball bearing unit. With Jim being the only guy that has it, but he's yet to drop it in.

And I'm not sure my hybrid is larger to tell you the truth. I was looking at the graphs and on the stock fueling tune the torque curves are identical; same with the hp curve. I ended up getting the Fr450 for 1700ish during black Friday, but that included a wg actuator, diverter valve, tip, silicone hose.and install kit. Oh and free shipping, and you know how dear that is to me living in the igloo.

I don't even think APR will ship to you.

1647398664648.png

sirnerdington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI S w/DSG

Just waiting for that CARB certification, because swapping a bunch of shit off my car every two years when the smog requirements hit isn’t super appealing. If they had that certification, my order would have been in hours ago.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1647402212505.png

Rofl

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
For a company that shits on anyone who makes a coil ground kit as "copying" them since they did it first, they seem to be mighty quick to want to try and copy APR with a bolt on turbo upgrade and tune that uses stock exhaust.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Just waiting for that CARB certification, because swapping a bunch of shit off my car every two years when the smog requirements hit isn’t super appealing. If they had that certification, my order would have been in hours ago.
Honestly if this kit got CARB cert that would probably be enough for me to flip up to a GTI. Most everything on my Golf would swap anyways, and having that kind of power on pump gas and CARB compliance is a huuuuuge selling point to me.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Great deal. Pretty much PnP. Where were you 6 months ago ;)

*edit*
The question everyone really wants to know.... does it have the crackle tune included?

Last edited:

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
This is a game changer living with emissions in Mass.

@Arin@APR So the tune doesn't impact emissions readiness? Therefore no need to flash back to stock tune to pass emissions tests correct?

Last edited: