GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Malingerer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Yeah, I'm just thinking of the side add-ons that I haven't even done yet for Stg1 which will really show their ugly face here. Intercooler, clutch upgrade... probably some other details that would be important introducing this much more power. Plugs...
Yeah the clutch and intercooler would be a $$$$ hit for sure . Lucky I have a DSG and already have a do88 intercooler, The only thing I would have to take of my MAPerfomance down pipe and put the stock one back on . Or maybe just try it with the MAperformance one it has a GESI cat

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Yeah the clutch and intercooler would be a $$$$ hit for sure . Lucky I have a DSG and already have a do88 intercooler, The only thing I would have to take of my MAPerfomance down pipe and put the stock one back on . Or maybe just try it with the MAperformance one it has a GESI cat
Doesn't work like that. It's like the guys that are running downpipes on stock tunes. Don't do that.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Whatcha gonna do. Yolo. The journey has been fun.

Mate. You're still collecting supplies for the journey 🤣

It warm enough up north for a turbo swap yet?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Mate. You're still collecting supplies for the journey 🤣

It warm enough up north for a turbo swap yet?
It's perfect. I can't wait to get underneath the car.
IMG_20220315_142908.jpg

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Am I reading the charts correctly? It appears to me that the stock fueling 93 configuration on the GTI engine makes more power at the crank than the stock fueling 93 configuration on the Golf R engine makes at the crank.

sirnerdington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI S w/DSG
@Arin@APR For those of us in California seeing this and considering changing their tuning plans *cough*me*cough*, is there an estimated timeline on when CARB testing will be complete?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Am I reading the charts correctly? It appears to me that the stock fueling 93 configuration on the GTI engine makes more power at the crank than the stock fueling 93 configuration on the Golf R engine makes at the crank.
It's a drivetrain loss thing. I never changed the DTL when we switched over to the mustang and ran AWD, so if anything, golf r is underreported as it's the same as the GTI's DTL.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
@Arin@APR For those of us in California seeing this and considering changing their tuning plans *cough*me*cough*, is there an estimated timeline on when CARB testing will be complete?
I wish I could guess. That's such a long and complex project most of the time. What I have now is emissions testing in house legal under the EPA.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Dang it....now I gotta budget for this instead of just staying Stage 1.

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
Since APR software must be installed at an APR dealer, this basically forces you into having everything installed at a shop as well, correct? For some of us who would want to install the turbo, fueling, etc ourselves at home how are you supposed to then drive to an APR dealer for the software to compensate for all the changes? I would think labor costs would end up eating into the great price on all this. I understood some will just go all in and have a shop do it all. I would really like to switch to something like this since I only daily my car and am in an emissions testing state. This kit would make a very solid daily driver without having to deal with all the headaches associated with going bigger turbo, custom tune, and so on. Maybe it could be rebranded as the Acadia18 turbo special or something like that 😏

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Since APR software must be installed at an APR dealer, this basically forces you into having everything installed at a shop as well, correct? For some of us who would want to install the turbo, fueling, etc ourselves at home how are you supposed to then drive to an APR dealer for the software to compensate for all the changes? I would think labor costs would end up eating into the great price on all this. I understood some will just go all in and have a shop do it all. I would really like to switch to something like this since I only daily my car and am in an emissions testing state. This kit would make a very solid daily driver without having to deal with all the headaches associated with going bigger turbo, custom tune, and so on. Maybe it could be rebranded as the Acadia18 turbo special or something like that 😏

Just drive to the shop gently and stay out of boost.