GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Hate to agree, but i agree. lol. After a 3 hour commute yesterday i think i've had enough whistle. Might have to swap in a stock airbox with upgraded panel, or just a closed intake. It would probably be fine like that.

Stock airbox afe filter and intake tube is all you need and it will be almost silent. Some don’t even use an aftermarket intake tube. Plenty of cars making 400Hp+ with that setup.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
OH, I know!! Stock turbo cars simply demand open intakes though if you want the boosty-boi noises.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Stock airbox afe filter and intake tube is all you need and it will be almost silent. Some don’t even use an aftermarket intake tube. Plenty of cars making 400Hp+ with that setup.
Agreed. I use oem panel filter, and oem intake arm on my e85 is38. even the drop in filter seems not worth it at 70$ lol.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
OH, I know!! Stock turbo cars simply demand open intakes though if you want the boosty-boi noises.

That's pretty much all I ever considered intakes on turbo cars. They're noise makers and that is what you're paying for. Don't kid yourself thinking you're going to be making an additional 10hp or even 5hp by throwing one on. Maybe with an NA car but not with turbo.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
yup. so that said, any word or thoughts from APR on any data received so far?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
gotcha, well thats good to know. thanks!

i guess we just need some good real life dyno runs and stuff like that.

and jb4 stacking...

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
gotcha, well thats good to know. thanks!

i guess we just need some good real life dyno runs and stuff like that.

and jb4 stacking...
JB4s are gonna be hard to come by with the EPA crackdown making everyone jittery. I'm willing to sell mine for $1500 with 2 hours of custom tuning time with me. :)

boostnonu

Go Kart Newbie
I feel this is going to be a huge downfall……. 1600 paper weight that have already have to make repairs to.
FYI APR, wastegate arm that’s welded tho hole for the pin is out or round causing binding. And not a little either. If there was a quality check before it was zipped tied closed before boxed their is no way this could have been missed.