GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP

Me realizing @Malingerer actually sent me money. Now I really gotta go dyno this thing :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though dude super generous of you! Thanks so much!

Be careful what you wish for :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Forum talk - "GET YOUR CAR ON A DYNO AND SEE WHAT IT'S MAKING!!" , "Yeah?!, You think I got the monies to dyno for your own curiosities?!" - "Here's 100 bucks, DYNO!" , "Well... damn, Okay."

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No luck today as they don’t have a Tech available to run the dyno. I did however get an appointment for next Saturday at noon.

Ok Google set a reminder for next Saturday at 2pm.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Start a poll! 350, 360, 370, 380, 390..

boostnonu

Go Kart Newbie
To Arin and the others that already have this turbo, I just installed wastegate Actuator and noticed that the arm, the rod screws into, the pin is so tight that I’m not sure the actaator will be strong enough to move it. It take a lot of my pressure to move it by hand.
As I watch wastegate adaptation videos other arms are just flapping around.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
To Arin and the others that already have this turbo, I just installed wastegate Actuator and noticed that the arm, the rod screws into, the pin is so tight that I’m not sure the actaator will be strong enough to move it. It take a lot of my pressure to move it by hand.
As I watch wastegate adaptation videos other arms are just flapping around.
Dumb question, you did remove the safety wire that keeps the waste gate from moving right?

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
Mine had a zip tie to keep it from moving around while shipping
Pretty sure being as they made it a point to say the ball bearings were German, it almost certain the turbo is made in China. I think I have a defective unit as well as mine whistle exactly like a blown turbo.

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Can you take a video?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What has been people's install cost? Two local APR dealers in Chicago quoted $1500+ for install alone.

I've heard about a guy in Chicago who does it for about half of that...