GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Yes stock mounts, 034 dogbone insert. I want to do BFI stage 1 mounts and a dogbone mount, but aren’t ready to make concessions on NHV just yet.

My initial response after installing BFI stage 2 mounts was "jfc, I can't hear myself think" but they settled down immensely within 10k miles in terms of NVH and they still prevent wheel hop 40k miles later. If I ever change them, I'll swap in BFI's stage 1 inserts and 034's solid rubber subframe pucks.

SuperPro needs to do another run of their mythical mount replacement kit.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
That powerflex hybrid puck is terrible for NVH. I hate that POS
I had the hybrid before I did my bfi stage 1 mounts. I never thought the puck was bad and I didn’t even notice a difference.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I run the 034 complete kit/dogone/mount suite - billet arm, new higher durometer "street" pucks, upper/lower insert, engine/trans mounts. I have a DSG. I don't find it obnoxious but it certainly has more NVH than stock.

AsheToo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 GTI Autobahn
I'd like to try to compile a spreadsheet showing a bunch of members' Dragy times showing their setup so we have some consolidated data. I've tried to search this thread a couple of different ways, but not finding an easy way to isolate the info w/o just scrolling through each page. Does anybody have any ideas for how to easily find Dragy \ performance results people have posted? Alternatively, would y'all be interested in a dedicated thread for people to post stats to?

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I'd like to try to compile a spreadsheet showing a bunch of members' Dragy times showing their setup so we have some consolidated data. I've tried to search this thread a couple of different ways, but not finding an easy way to isolate the info w/o just scrolling through each page. Does anybody have any ideas for how to easily find Dragy \ performance results people have posted? Alternatively, would y'all be interested in a dedicated thread for people to post stats to?
Shouldn't be too hard to ask and have people reach out to you. I mean there's only like 12 of us posting in this thread haha. At least that's how it feels these days. I feel like there have only been, at the most, 10 people that have posted Dragy results in here.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
just compile a list of stage 1 dragys and you'll have the results

AsheToo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 GTI Autobahn
So the question is: what is the easiest way to find the posts with dragys and other performance results in this thread of 329 pages and 4930 posts other than scrolling through each page.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Hey now!

APR may have been trapping 110mph in their Stage 1 featherweight, but the best I ever hit was 105.6, and that was at the track.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
So the question is: what is the easiest way to find the posts with dragys and other performance results in this thread of 329 pages and 4930 posts other than scrolling through each page.
Not sure if everyone has a Dragy, but I think these are the owners who’ve posted in here:

@Tom/APR1 - GLI
@riceburner - R
@Patrykd07 - R
@messrock - GTI
@audia3 - A3
@CarbonDub - GTI

Edit: Edited to protect the innocent.

Last edited:

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I probably posted someone else's while I was trying to help someone find this info LOL. I ain't go no R and I ain't got no DTR.

thatgolfrguy

2019 Golf R (APR Stage 2 w/Catted DP) to Stage 3 DTR with Fueling Upgrades
Just got the DTR With Fueling done (from Stage 2 APR with Catted DP). So far keeping it civil until 500 miles, but did 2 pulls on the way home. It feels a little laggier at the bottom which is expected, but to be honest not by much. The biggest change is the Stage 3 TCU tune. Driving it at 35 mph, it seems like it just holds gear until 4k rpm until it shifts up (Which I guess makes sense to help address the lagginess).

Stage 2 seemed to be fast fast fast from 20-60 MPH, but stops pulling like crazy after that. I did one 40-80 mph and damn this thing just doesn't stop pulling. If you downshift and get past 4k RPM, it just goes and goes and goes. Also getting some nice WHOOSH sounds.

Over-all, its a noticeable bump over the stage 2 tune according to my butt dyno (but not by a crazy amount, maybe 10-15 percent). The biggest change was over 60 MPH. Was it worth the $2500 for the kit + installation (I had to also have them remove the APR DP and reinstall the stock DP)? Ehh probably not, but im young, dumb, and have some money burning a hole in my pocket at the moment.