GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I’m super salty though that IE is replacing a customer’s blown block for their faulty RAL file, while APR did fuck-all but ‘thoughts and prayers’ for my situation... I always thought IE was cut-rate when it came to customer service, guess sometimes big companies do step up and do the right thing.
IE confirmed there was an issue with their file, right? What was wrong with APR's? I'm not aware that anyone found an issue with the tune.

Last edited:

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
I opened a support ticket a couple months ago (June 1st). I had someone reach out to me a week later and say they would check the calibration if they found anything wrong. Haven't really heard back which I get it, they're busy and maybe they didn't find anything.
I opened a ticket as well because the "monitoring of fuel system" is not set after a couple thousand miles. All the other monitors are set, but I had to force two of them to test via OBDeleven, which I don't agree with, but they are set. I don't need to go through emissions for another two years, but I have no reason to think I wouldn't pass if I had to go tomorrow since I'm allowed one monitor to not be ready. I probably won't own the car in two years anyway. I really only opened the ticket to put their, APRs, feet to the fire on this. I just emailed APR's tech support again to see if there is an update from their engineering team.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
I opened a ticket as well because the "monitoring of fuel system" is not set after a couple thousand miles. All the other monitors are set, but I had to force two of them to test via OBDeleven, which I don't agree with, but they are set. I don't need to go through emissions for another two years, but I have no reason to think I wouldn't pass if I had to go tomorrow since I'm allowed one monitor to not be ready. I probably won't own the car in two years anyway. I really only opened the ticket to put their, APRs, feet to the fire on this. I just emailed APR's tech support again to see if there is an update from their engineering team.
What state are you in? I believe ca requires all to be ready. Considering they are touting this long term as a carb legal setup pending carb eo they need to address this.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Same here (thanks to you), fuel system not ready.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
IE could see they fucked up when they looked at the file. APR has no idea what you did to your car prior to the turbo swap. It could have been on its way out already. You just hurried it along to its inevitable demise.
Yeah I know, I’m just mad that a supposedly innocuous “direct replacement turbo” and tune, from the most prominent turnkey tuner for this platform, blew (what seemed to be) a perfectly healthy, well-maintained engine. Obviously no tune doubling the stock hp can be considered completely harmless and I couldn’t prove anything, so I’ll go back to my corner now.

**This post was sponsored by Morton’s, now with 15% more sodium!**

Last edited:

dcgtimk7

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah I know, I’m just mad that a supposedly innocuous “direct replacement turbo” and tune, from the most prominent turnkey tuner for this platform, blew (what seemed to be) a perfectly healthy, well-maintained engine. Obviously no tune doubling the stock hp can be considered completely harmless and I couldn’t prove anything, so I’ll go back to my corner now.

I mean 2015 2.0t mqb vehicles are known to have the most problems (ringland issues etc). Did you window your block?

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion

Remind me/us happened to your engine? Was there ever a final diagnosis of what failed?

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Remind me/us happened to your engine? Was there ever a final diagnosis of what failed?
Ultimately cause and order of events was inconclusive, only thing conclusive were the results:

E523493F-EB4F-4FEC-8AAE-F0C54C67F693.jpeg

CA80E1AF-90A5-40ED-9692-F6B8B61C1F6B.jpeg