GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
I certainly hope APR will be looking at this very seriously to make sure I’m not just the tip of the iceberg.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I'm no expert, but wouldn't it would be really odd for a tune to cause a bent rod while cruising at steady speed, low load? Wouldn't that have to be an issue with fuel or spark? In for updates. Sorry about your car @CarbonDub , shitty situation for sure.

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Man @Patrykd07 really called that shit blizzard coming. That's some Nostradamos type of shit.
..I'm sorry last one. I have to.
1654710521695.png

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Sorry to hear about your motor dude. I hope this all works out for you in the end, one way or another.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
That stinks. What a fucked situation. I hope your shit gets settled quickly and cheaply as possible bro. Damn

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
I'm assuming they've sold hundreds of these already. I can't imagine it is widespread or you would of heard more of it by now. May be an isolated issue unfortunately for him or something wasn't done right at the ole shoppo.

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
I'm no expert, but wouldn't it would be really odd for a tune to cause a bent rod while cruising at steady speed, low load? Wouldn't that have to be an issue with fuel or spark? In for updates. Sorry about your car @CarbonDub , shitty situation for sure.
Sometimes it's not about what happened at the time of failure, but what happened leading up to it. It's possible there was detonation in that specific cylinder previously which either damaged it or weakened it to the point a simple low load drive could make it fail. I'm really sorry about your situation @CarbonDub. I really hope it gets worked out regardless of what happened.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Damn, shit getting heavy here quickly.

Turbo install is coincidence and the rod/engine was always about to bust anyway?
Who knows. Would be one hell of a coincidence though when the car hasn’t had so much as a hiccup running APR Stage 1 for over a year prior to this. Timing is completely uncanny if it’s not related, but still too soon to say.