To be noted my personal preference recommendation when going down the mod bunny hole. - still would really be - 4” DP, is38 hybrid, All THE FUEL with E85 + meth for a none built engine car anything under that is still a SLOW car.
That's fully what I'm expecting the tiggy to be in a year or two lmao. Plus air rideTo be noted my personal preference recommendation when going down the mod bunny hole. - still would really be - 4” DP, is38 hybrid, All THE FUEL with E85 + meth for a none built engine car anything under that is still a SLOW car.
I have a RSR Hybrid clutch I will be installing soon.From that post and my interpretation of your wants, expectations… DTR sounds perfect still, get the dtr for $1500, sell the AP and use some of the funds to offset the clutch.
Also a dtr just like a is38 is much easier on a clutch than an aggressive TQ hitter like a eqt 93 tune.
Unless they release a flex tune...I think any ethanol tune on an APR ecosystem would be a huge inconvenience. Correct me if im wrong, but you are unable to change between files on your own which would make you locked on the ethanol blend / tune unless you visit the APR vendor again.
I agree with some of these pros and cons... For the cons, yes, it is a bigger turbo. You cannot make as much low end torque compared to the smaller, stock turbo at low RPMs, regardless of what you do. It is a physical limitation of bigger turbos that automakers are spending literally billions now trying to overcome. For some of CarbonDub's other cons. I disagree with these. The software is very refined and incredibly smooth, and in no way is conservative. It does not have uncontrolled boost spikes and it does not knock. It drives like an OEM calibration, but the powerband is completely different from what people are used to with a Mk7.DTR Cons:
- Less low end torque compared to Stage 1 or 2
- Not as well rounded as FBO IS38 due to retaining stock DP
- Spools slower than FBO IS38 so not necessarily any faster below felony speeds
- Relatively conservative tune compared to competitors
- New product. If you’re on the fence and aren’t comfortable with encountering a few hiccups and required software updates, just wait for the growing pains to be sorted out.
- Less expensive than FBO IS38, with similar performance
- Most powerful emissions compliant performance upgrade
- Great turnkey option for more power without significant sacrifice of daily driveability or fuel economy under normal driving conditions