GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
That said doesn't the Haldex clutch pack disengage the propshaft at the rear axle, i.e. there's still some windage loss from spinning the propshaft even in FWD mode? Probably small but I imagine that adds some parasitic drag
I think you hit the nail on the head. It was kind of baking my noodle as to why the R made 400whp but a gti with no fueling makes 400whp.

The difference has to be that it’s still spinning a propshaft to the haldex, even if not engaging.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
May also be contributed to the slightly different head design of the R. The same idea puzzles me so.

I would like to think that once im in 3rd gear the haldex system is typically not needed therefore it would int heory make more power but then if that were the case in a 4th gear dyno.... profit?

Vaderm3

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
I just received the turbo from FCP. In examining the contents in the box, what will the APR tuner need to download the software? I cannot find serial number or token for the flash file.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Engineering has wrapped up testing. New European model support incoming and updates to all US models as well. As soon as files are pushed to production our support guys will call each flashed customer / dealer if we have info recorded. The update will be free. We are covering labor.

Thank you to everyone for holding out and working with us!

Support should cover these engine codes, if I’m not mistaken. (ECUs will always be on a request basis given how many there are)

CHHA
CHHB
CNTC
CUGA
CULA
CULC
CXCA
CXCB
CXDA
DBHA
DCGA
DCGA
DEDA
DHHA
DKTA
DKTB
DKXA
DLBA
DPJA
DKFA

note: I have not read previous messages in this thread. I’m currently out of the office with a new baby.

Gpr

Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI PP
I just received the turbo from FCP. In examining the contents in the box, what will the APR tuner need to download the software? I cannot find serial number or token for the flash file.
Mine had an 8x11 sheet of paper with the code on it. Just inside the box, on top, when you first open it. It says “Stop, do not throw this away, APR authorisation code” followed by the code. Is it possible you opened the other side of the box?

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So, im not too knowledgeable for APR dealer network, so you can buy this turbo yourself and install it and comes with the ECU flash for free. I'm assuming you still have to pay your APR dealer of choice to actually flash the software to the car though?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
So, im not too knowledgeable for APR dealer network, so you can buy this turbo yourself and install it and comes with the ECU flash for free. I'm assuming you still have to pay your APR dealer of choice to actually flash the software to the car though?
Yeah but it’s not a lot for the dealers to flash- reasonable ones charge $150ish, silly ones charge $250ish

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Mine had an 8x11 sheet of paper with the code on it. Just inside the box, on top, when you first open it. It says “Stop, do not throw this away, APR authorisation code” followed by the code. Is it possible you opened the other side of the box?
Mine had the same paper.

Edit: Nevermind baby daddy Arin’s on the case. Congrats btw!

Last edited:

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Well, it was almost making target #s, less peak torque and makes peak torque a few hundred RPMs later than advertised.
Did APR ever dyno the R in FWD mode to cross reference the provided data?

Not sure if that would affect the shape of the curves or not, just curious.

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
APR's graph with an R with LPFP & HPFP on 93:
1653152540059.png

My dyno graph:
1653152602355.jpeg

The main issue is the weird dip between 3000 and 4000. This isn't shown on the APR dyno graph so theres more peak torque in the power band on their graph because of it. Otherwise after 4000 the graphs look pretty similar. On their graph it hits peak torque right after 3500, on mine it’s recovering from whatever happened. Unclear what the dip is. It did that every single dyno pull:
1653152716719.jpeg

The numbers were consistent too. Numbers were 397.5, 399.3, 398.9. Intercooler is clearly doing its job well.

Unless you are reading the wrong dyno graph, the DTR hit a few more peak numbers then advertised.

Last edited: