Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Any update on CA CARB certification ??

oh-its-coming-its-onthe-way.jpg

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
One thing I want to mention that's super important that @riceburner touched on in his post.. Those with the DTR installed already, please check your wastegate voltages! It's very possible your voltages are too low which makes the wastegate too tight and possibly makes you throw a soft code for the wastegate. It will be a soft code so no CEL, however the soft codes on these cars still can limit HP for safety reasons. I've had and felt this happen before several times.

I really think some cars out there may have this issue and not even know it.

Here are some docs on how to check this and fix it.
http://mygolfmk7.com/2019/08/wastegate-first-adaptation-charge-pressure-actuator-p2563/
https://www.goapr.com/blog/post/is38_wastegate_settings/
Thank you for the info. I went right away to check mine just in case….
1652484164800.jpeg

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Riceburners video looks good, seems peppy for a oem downpipe option, and for 1500 all in with a tuna

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
when Florida sinks into a hurricane for good and California breaks off the mainland

the rest of America:
1652623541033.png

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
I made the stupidest automotive mistake ever yesterday. I think everyone would enjoy the story. Especially if anyone runs into the same problem I did. Long story short, I had to mess with the LPFP for a couple reasons, one my fuel gauge wasn't working since I've done the LPFP, and two I thought the seal between the tank and the green hat was leaking.

Because I was frustrated and wanted to get it figured out asap, I threw the back seat on the roof of the car and didn't open my garage or any windows. First mistake of the day. After messing around testing resistance from the fuel level sensor, I finally concluded the wiring and the sensor itself is good. I checked for codes and the car was saying "resistance is too high". Weird. After farting around with the sensor I finally realized it's the position you put it back in which is the problem. If you put the LPFP basket back in at an incorrect angle, the lever on the sensor gets hung up and stuck. It gets stuck in such a position that the car knows immediately somethings wrong once it's hooked up. After I made this realization I put everything back in, made sure the lever was free and not hung up, and connected everything back up and boom I now see my fuel level.

I open my garage, pull the car out and take it for a quick test drive to make sure everything is OK. I turn down on the busy 5 lane road by house and get on it. As I get on it, I see a lady walking on the sidewalk looking at my car as if it were on fire or something. I think to myself "haha it must be the noises the car is making while accelerating thats triggering her". Not a moment later, I hear a loud thud, and then in my rear view mirror, I see my rear seat flying 50 feet in the air and crashing down in the road into oncoming traffic. I forgot it on my roof.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
The garrett exhaust housing really isn't really a true twin scroll housing.
On most turbos you can't tell if it is a twin scroll just by the look of the outside. I think only the T4 housing of the G25-550 is a twin scroll, the T25 and V-band are single.

The GT2260S that IE sells for the MK7 IS a twin scroll.

https://performancebyie.com/products/garrett-powermax-gt2260s-vw-audi-mqb-turbo
1652707681567.png

1652707248085.png

1652707276181.png

Here's what a twin scroll housing typically looks like:
Most of Garrett's twin scroll are not divided on the outside. Especially their V-band twin scroll housing, which in my opinion is stupid to make it that way and for the customer into also getting the flange system.

1652707115971.png
Garrett T3 Twinscroll Turbine Housing in Ni-Resist For GT30R/GTX30R 1.01 A/R

dcgtimk7

Go Kart Newbie
On most turbos you can't tell if it is a twin scroll just by the look of the outside. I think only the T4 housing of the G25-550 is a twin scroll, the T25 and V-band are single.

The GT2260S that IE sells for the MK7 IS a twin scroll.

https://performancebyie.com/products/garrett-powermax-gt2260s-vw-audi-mqb-turbo
View attachment 249353

View attachment 249351

View attachment 249352

Most of Garrett's twin scroll are not divided on the outside. Especially their V-band twin scroll housing, which in my opinion is stupid to make it that way and for the customer into also getting the flange system.

View attachment 249350
Garrett T3 Twinscroll Turbine Housing in Ni-Resist For GT30R/GTX30R 1.01 A/R
The powermax isn't twin scroll. It is just like the stock is12/is20/is38/housing. They are faux twin scroll.
1652709875411.png

1652709895757.png

1652709917681.png

1652710814680.png

1652710868311.png

Last edited: