Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Got a link? Would like to see that video.
It was in a Facebook group. I didn’t see him post it on IG or anything.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Looks like a sketchy spot to run
It is.

I drove by there on the way home from work tonight. They are right in front of the shop racing towards a blind corner. Not a extremely busy road but pretty fucking stupid to be racing in that direction.

Screenshot_2022-04-30-23-58-47-58_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Type R's are coming up too, it is reportedly pretty easy to make ~420whp on a pretty basic bolt on setup!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Didn't even look like that Civic was trying...maybe he realized racing in that area wasn't a good idea....

Everytime someone brags about beating another car, it's almost a guarantee the other car wasn't even racing and just driving normally. Say it all the time, it's easy to win a race when the other person isn't racing.

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Made some progress on the DTR install this weekend. Found a unexpected oil leak that I need to tend to (just german car things). Other then that, surprised how easy it was to swap the turbos. Took a few more comparison pictures between the IS38 and the DTR in case anyone was interested.
IMG_5161.jpeg

IMG_5184.jpeg
IMG_5187.jpeg

IMG_5198.jpeg

IMG_5189.jpeg

The one thing I found funny, is the sheer difference in size of the turbo inlets.
IMG_5195.jpeg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^ nice, patrykd07! so you need to fix the leak first before you can call it done and go dyno?

remind me please, you have the 'basic' R kit right, no MPI but the LPFP/HPFP? And you're DSG or no? And do you have an intercooler?