GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion
Since its already been reported that something wrong was found, an immediate improvement was made, and still further research is being done...

Can we at least get the dyno numbers now? I can appreciate the "What's the point of sharing wrong information" angle, but many of us are just curious at this point.

Yeah, this is what is concerning to me. They're being very secretive about everything and not even saying what they found to be not functioning as expected. It also conflicts with Arin saying their logs look fine.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Lemoore is poppin off, there's 3 dispensaries now. :LOL: I was always jealous of how nice your campus looked, but East campus in Hanford had one of the best auto shops in the state, so go Bullpups. :cool:

@GTI Jake made a great point that all politicians are also people out on the roads, and flying by with a catless exhaust stinking them out and shrieking like a monkey will only bring further restrictions.
I moved away to see the world, and ended up in Floriderp, but still have friends that live there. One of my best friends now lives in Hanford. Is Armona still the arm pit of California?

Crazy story, my wife is from Texas, met her when we were both in DC, found out here grandpa was Stationed at the naval air base when her dad was in HS and he graduated from LHS too.

Small world.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Reinstalled the APR downpipe (with O2 spacer) and Baun midpipe. No CEL. There's no question it's a 400whp car, minimum. It seems a bit snappier too. 91 octane awd file, '16 GTI PP.
Without crappy launch videos recorded one handed on a cellphone to compare one setup to another i consider your data useless.

sirnerdington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI S w/DSG
I moved away to see the world, and ended up in Floriderp, but still have friends that live there. One of my best friends now lives in Hanford. Is Armona still the arm pit of California?

Crazy story, my wife is from Texas, met her when we were both in DC, found out here grandpa was Stationed at the naval air base when her dad was in HS and he graduated from LHS too.

Small world.
Bakersfield is the armpit, but Armona is still pretty trash.

It's a bit less surprising as I ran into people during a trip to Boston on the USS Constitution that knew the area because of Lemoore NAS. A lot of Navy/Marines get cycled through there, so a lot of people tend to know our weird little area.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Bakersfield is the armpit, but Armona is still pretty trash.

It's a bit less surprising as I ran into people during a trip to Boston on the USS Constitution that knew the area because of Lemoore NAS. A lot of Navy/Marines get cycled through there, so a lot of people tend to know our weird little area.
My grandparents lived in Bakersfield, it was nicer than Armona, come on. 🤣

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
This is so tempting. What the typical cost for install?

This is cheaper than mountain biking.
Yeah, it's gotten crazy. I'm still on my old 1 x 10 XT Santa Cruz. You'd pay $5k to get something equivalent today.

I'm slow and old, so I don't need a new bike, I'll just keep replacing parts and rebuilding the shocks.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
This is so tempting. What the typical cost for install?

This is cheaper than mountain biking.
seems to be hovering between ~$600-$1200