GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Honestly if the pull is linear and the power is within 10-15whp of the claims APR makes on their page, I'd say that's easily worth the $1500 for us CARB state bois. Just my opinion at least.
An option is better than no option! Or the people can, through and act of God, vote to get rid of CARB. :ROFLMAO:

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
tell-me-more-salem.gif

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Honestly if the pull is linear and the power is within 10-15whp of the claims APR makes on their page, I'd say that's easily worth the $1500 for us CARB state bois. Just my opinion at least.
True, so long as it winds up with CARB approval which I imagine is a beaurocratic nightmare and big financial equipment.

sirnerdington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI S w/DSG
True, so long as it winds up with CARB approval which I imagine is a beaurocratic nightmare and big financial equipment.
Arin said they're already in the process and confident they'll pass since it cleared in-house testing, just waiting for California red tape. I asked if there was an ETA on certification and was told they couldn't estimate when.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Order out of state, don’t pay tax. 🥴

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

boostnonu

Go Kart Newbie
So I have a question. I was on APR website last night and was looking at there intercooler. Why does it say it an illegal item to install do to emissions control. BUT we have to run it to get said numbers? So it’s out of emissions if we run it. So if we want to stay legal what are now those numbers?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Update:

This past weekend we had a chance to work with a good customer of ours (Branman) who claimed he was down on power. His logs mostly looked good, but the car just wasn’t fast via the dragy acceleration data he sent. He was able to work with NGP to get us dyno results while we logged it with our direct ram datalogger over the internet.

After the first pull it was clear something was off. His car was significantly down on power. Looking over the logs, it still seemed everything was right, so we checked a few things and still it was down. We made a few adjustments and were able to quickly and easily pick a ton more power. There may be more headroom, but we didn’t feel comfortable doing this remotely so we stopped. The car went home and did some dragy runs that night and was significantly faster than before.

While this may not seem like good news, it is. Something is wrong. It appears this only affects some ECUs. We’ll be back on the dyno tomorrow with our test vehicels to run through various ECU versions so we can repeat the issue in house, and get to the bottom of it. When we have a fix, we’ll issue an update and I’ll update this thread.

I really appreciate everyone who has stuck with us and helped provide data thus far! We’ll make this right.

Thank you,

-Arin

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
was on APR website last night and was looking at there intercooler.

Anything released before we began testing is set to a class 4. This product was tested recently and passed. I just updated it. Thank you for reminding me!

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
So I have a question. I was on APR website last night and was looking at there intercooler. Why does it say it an illegal item to install do to emissions control. BUT we have to run it to get said numbers? So it’s out of emissions if we run it. So if we want to stay legal what are now those numbers?
An intercooler helps you maintain power, it doesn't help you make more. But the stock one is certainly inadequate, so if you make an even 400hp on the first run with the stock intecooler, it's going to fall off quickly with each successive run, or longer tracking. A higher capacity intercooler will keep you closer to max power, longer.