GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
I don’t believe everyone is questioning this. I explained why I was going to hold off and seemed to be understood from most. Tell me what will posting the dyno sheets solve? A dyno sheet that has no before dyno to actual gauge real power increase isn’t beneficial at all. This was mainly to log info and gather data.
lets just appreciate that branman1 is taking time out and working with APR and giving us updates. He's making it to where future customers won't run into this issue. if he's being chill about this I don't see why we need to be pissy about it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I demand dyno charts and logs for this turbo that I'm not interested in buying. Release the kraken.

Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find branman1's dyno results...

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Tell me the dyno results weren't anywhere near 400hp without telling me the dyno results weren't anywhere near 400hp 🤣🤣

I kid, I kid. I have no skin in this game, and really do hope the kit succeeds.

Honestly its been a fun ride.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Tell me what will posting the dyno sheets solve?
We would like to see the data. We're all grown ass men who do not need dyno theory explained or excused. We know how dynos work, we know how they fail, we know where they suffer, we know how they're inaccurate.

Did APR ask you not to post the data?

Are you not allowed to share the performance data of your own vehicle and hardware?

Spare us the undermining and just say that.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Did you ever dyno your car previously on the same dyno? That is fair if you don't have a baseline comparison whether on a stock tune or a "staged" off the shelf tune.

Got logs to share? I leave all mine public. This isn't rocket science. It is physics.

Sadly I never did take a before dyno of the car stock or how it was before the DTR kit which was stage 1 APR high torque. The dyno I went to yesterday is about an hour away so carving out time is not easy on the weekend.

I’ve posted the logs I’ve taken and someone mentioned the logs I was posting were useless but it was what APR was requesting in small batches to get a better sample rate. So I honestly stopped after that. I think if you look at a previous log on data zap I believe you can look at the rest. I’m not hiding any logs and I thought all of them were public. I’m new to datazap so maybe they aren’t.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
uncorrected, SAE or STD corrected? or whatever unknown format the dyno came out on?
Run whatchu brung lol

Seems to be how this thread is going.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
We would like to see the data. We're all grown ass men who do not need dyno theory explained or excused. We know how dynos work, we know how they fail, we know where they suffer, we know how they're inaccurate.

Are you not allowed to share the performance data of your own vehicle and hardware?

Counter argument. @branman1 doesn't owe anybody here a single thing. I'd love to see the results as much as the next guy. But his reasoning count be as simple as "Eh, I don't feel like it.", and like grown ass men, we shouldn't bitch about that.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI

Everything you mentioned is the reason for not posting anything until more data is gathered again this has all been done on the weekend when all these people were off. NGP even donated their time for this process. This is just going to benefit everyone in the end so I’m sorry if some don’t understand. You don’t have to and that’s fine. I mentioned before that not many are in my position so just try to understand my situation from my perspective.

You’re asking questions I’ve already answered so please read previous posts. This was a decision we both agreed on. Believe me APR did not and has not ever forced me to say or not say anything. Most understand the situation and are just playfully joking but a few are taking this way too far past what it really is. Again just chill! I’m not as upset as some on here and this kit is actually on my car….well my wife’s but you get it.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
uncorrected, SAE or STD corrected? or whatever unknown format the dyno came out on?

So it was done SAE and uncorrected from what I saw. Also I was told by the guy that kinda keeps the dyno calibrated and updated I guess. It has been calibrated to be closer to a mustang dyno. I guess it was reading higher and they wanted it to be more accurate to a mustang for some reason. Again none of this means shit without a before dyno.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Poll time. What are your guesses? And to be completely fair, doesn't sound like we have a baseline to compare it too. So this is all for kicks and gigs. Will delete the spreadsheet once the dyno is posted. This is not sponsored, but I will throw in a small gift for whoever is closest. If by chance I win, I will send the gift to the second place individual.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bVmeN0H_m42CwjYhUXhtRTm3bVo104AXxITpKSx4A0Q/edit?usp=sharing

Is this price as right rules, closest without going over?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Is this price as right rules, closest without going over?
100%

I put my numbers in first to avoid conflict of interest. Makes it so anyone can guess 1WHP/1WTQ over.

Suppose I should qualify, this is gonna be delta between whp and wtq results.

So gotta guess well for both.