GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Does APR have something like COBB traction control? Even on all seasons making well over 400whp, COBB TC does a good job putting maximum power to the ground. The tune shouldn't limit power, TC should limit power. That way when I throw on summer tires or drags up front I instantly have more acceleration without a re-tune.

Also, throttle modulation is a thing...

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Not sure I'm a believer you that you need the R injectors and HPFP if you have MPI, but you do you. :) You could just do the RS3 pump and MPI and have all the fuel you need for that turbo.
I haven’t decided which way to go. Seems like the HPFP and DI injectors may work for the time being.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
My car is manual and very rarely if ever I go full throttle from stop, not sure if to get the FWD or the AWD honestly....
I would do the Awd file, less Nannie’s the better for me. All you have to do to maintain traction and get the car right on the threshold/sweet post of traction is learn that’s threshold then use you right foot to drive the car.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I would do the Awd file, less Nannie’s the better for me. All you have to do to maintain traction and get the car right on the threshold/sweet post of traction is learn that’s threshold then use you right foot to drive the car.

My right foot only knows two positions. 0 and 100...

GreatFallsofGreen

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GFG 7.5, 6MT
Does APR have something like COBB traction control? Even on all seasons making well over 400whp, COBB TC does a good job putting maximum power to the ground. The tune shouldn't limit power, TC should limit power. That way when I throw on summer tires or drags up front I instantly have more acceleration without a re-tune.

Also, throttle modulation is a thing...
Not that I’ve noticed. I think they rely more on limiting torque/boost by gear. Especially with their revised tunes, the car opens more in 3rd than it does in second.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
My right foot only knows two positions. 0 and 100...
Yeah, but thats all relative to the abilities of the left and right foot… in your case that left foot only knows how to relax *in two positions also! (yeah “smarter I know) *does make sense considering your GLI crisis a few months back

DDE51E87-B255-4040-9E45-543674295AD0.jpeg
8AE9A712-1484-4090-BE5E-5657B7728027.jpeg

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Not that I’ve noticed. I think they rely more on limiting torque/boost by gear. Especially with their revised tunes, the car opens more in 3rd than it does in second.
Huh, you'd think APR would have something to compete with COBB TC by now.

One of these days when I get a dragy I'll have to measure the difference. VW stock TC cuts waay to much boost, having no TC at all is spin-city without good throttle modulation, and COBB TC does a fantastic job at keeping my tires at the limit.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You guys need fatter and stickier tires. FWD car with 400hp had better be packing 200tw and 255 width at least. Step up your game. Spend all that money on a turbo and hp you can't use. WHY?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
You guys need fatter and stickier tires. FWD car with 400hp had better be packing 200tw and 255 width at least. Step up your game. Spend all that money on a turbo and hp you can't use. WHY?
Or a real LSD and 235s 🤷

200tw should be the standard though I agree

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Huh, you'd think APR would have something to compete with COBB TC by now.

One of these days when I get a dragy I'll have to measure the difference. VW stock TC cuts waay to much boost, having no TC at all is spin-city without good throttle modulation, and COBB TC does a fantastic job at keeping my tires at the limit.
I could be wrong, but doesn't Cobb TC also has several stages too? Bad part is, you'd have to find the best one for your car, then have tuner send file with that as default if you're current default isn't the one that's best for your power and traction level.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Because fuck you, that's why.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
2nd gear - 265s rtk615+ and if I drive like Arcadia with only 100% it’s still spins till 6200 😂😂